Arccos Golf

1,845 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bodaciousbood14
bodaciousbood14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got the Smart Sensors a few months ago and just recently played my fifth round and have unlocked the Caddie feature which I will get to use for the first time tomorrow.

Any thoughts on these? A lot of people complain about their phones battery being drained very quickly, missing shots, etc...and I haven't really had an issue.

I think it's a pretty cool system and it definitely causes me to slow down and think about what I'm doing because I know it will all be tracked.

For reference I'm a high 90s golfer.
andrago94
AG
I've had it for a while now and really like it. My thoughts:

1. I don't find the caddie all that helpful.
2. Biggest change it has made to my game is taking more club on approach shots. I was missing 75% of my greens short, doing better on that.
3. Approach shots are the worst part of my game followed by driving based on the Arccos handicapping system.
4. Worried that my sensor batteries are going to start failing. I've had it for 2 years.
Mateo84
AG
I have Arccos and like it. It does drain phone battery, but not much more than any other GPS. I've been using it for about six months. Occasionally misses a shot or adds one in, but it's usually because I'm careless about not squaring up to a putt or not carrying my clubs upside down like you are supposed to.

My only complaint is that I wish there were more stats (like trends) to look at over the long term (like what The Grint offers). All the data is there, they just don't give you a ton of it.
Mateo84
AG
Oh, also, I don't really find the caddie function that useful either.
bodaciousbood14
AG
Mateo84 said:

Oh, also, I don't really find the caddie function that useful either.
Used it once, it told me to hit 5-iron at a 180-yd Par 3. I put it away and just used the shot tracking function from there on out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.