Presidents cup

4,997 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Forum Troll
HouAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

HouAggie said:

Kisner self-admittedly can't compete on the longer courses, and he's shown a pattern of disappearing under pressure on Sundays. Skip.
please show the pattern of him disappearing on Sundays. He isn't worse than any of the other guys not finishing tournaments. Kisner is a tough, no bull**** kinda guy. He is exactly the kind of person the team needs...granted your first point is valid and true.

Final rd scoring avg
2019 90th
2018 108th
2017 146th
2016 101st

74 in 2018 Open final rd
74 in 2017 PGA final rd
Completely ejected at 2018 PGA after getting to the top of leaderboard

PGA Tour playoff record 0-4

Guy isn't a no bulls**t badass. He just walks around with a scowl so everyone thinks he is. Btw, I like Kisner, but to act like he's some tough, unflappable competitor just isn't true.
Old Tom Morris
Tiger played 8 holes, then just walked with his amateur partners for the rest. Said he felt stiff and backed off as a precaution. We'll see how he looks tomorrow
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Tiger +3 thru 6 holes. Smother hooking everything.
Old Tom Morris
Haven't seen it, but as a mid 40's golfer that has had some back and hip flexor muscle challenges that result in stiffness, that smother hook can definitely come into play when I'm just not able to turn my core through the ball well so my hands and arms try to compensate - and overcompensate with the duck hook.
ORAggieFan
Finished +4. Likely missed cut.
Tiger withdraws from the Northern Trust this morning.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Not surprising. Wouldn't be shocked if hes done for the year.
AgLA06
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

If Tiger wants to win The Presidents Cup, he won't play.

Yes, he won The Masters. But he hasn't played well after that.

Fowler
Morikawa
Wolff
Hovland

Kind of a ridiculous statement. You're talking about a 15-time major winner who won the Masters this year. But yeah, he should sit out and play ****ing Colin Morikawa instead.

Go on.....
Tiger now cannot earn his way onto the President's Cup team via the point system.

khaos288
AG
AgLA06 said:

Huell Babineaux said:

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

If Tiger wants to win The Presidents Cup, he won't play.

Yes, he won The Masters. But he hasn't played well after that.

Fowler
Morikawa
Wolff
Hovland

Kind of a ridiculous statement. You're talking about a 15-time major winner who won the Masters this year. But yeah, he should sit out and play ****ing Colin Morikawa instead.

Go on.....

He did......
ORAggieFan
ORAggieFan said:

Tiger doesn't swing in the pro am today. I predict this weekend is his only fedex cup tourney.

Hmmmm
ORAggieFan
How's the Bryson slow play issue going to affect the team?
cab559
AG
Don't play him until singles and put him in the last group?
98Ag99Grad
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Kisner
Woodland
Finau
Fowler

Finau played well in RC and Woods likes him. Kisner has experience and won the match play. Woodland is the US open champ. Fowler is my only iffy but I like him over Speith and Reed right now. Could see Reed sneaking on i he plays his way in to the final 30.

Right now Reed over Fowler is my guess.
HouAggie
AG
I can't imagine Fowler being left off. Especially for a team cancer like Reed. When are picks made?
Old Tom Morris
Reed isn't a cancer. They need to get over that ***** He's playing great golf this summer. Starting with the US Open, he's got 4 top 12's in his last 8 events, and his worst finish is 32nd. He had a shaky spring but is really golfing his ball now.
HouAggie
AG
Everyone else hates the guy. How is that not being a cancer on any team? I know it's an individual sport, but the debacle and mud slinging of Paris has got to hurt his chances of a captain's pick on any Ryder Cup or Pres Cup team moving forward.

In my mind, zero chance Tiger passes on his bud Rickie in favor of Reed. Maybe he takes him in favor of someone else, but not Fowler.
HouAggie
AG
Especially with all the team unity and "pod system" and "task force" BS that the team likes to promote.
Quinn
AG
HouAggie said:

Everyone else hates the guy. How is that not being a cancer on any team? I know it's an individual sport, but the debacle and mud slinging of Paris has got to hurt his chances of a captain's pick on any Ryder Cup or Pres Cup team moving forward.

In my mind, zero chance Tiger passes on his bud Rickie in favor of Reed. Maybe he takes him in favor of someone else, but not Fowler.

Tiger is much bigger buddies with Reed than Rickie.
Old Tom Morris
If the team has to avoid him because they don't like him, it just shows how ****ing weak the Americans have become in this format. It's not a popularity contest. Grow some ****ing balls and play some golf. Leaving him off would be about the most puuussy-ass thing I could think of.

And your assessment of him is way overblown
98Ag99Grad
AG
The whole point of changing when players are picked is to get guys who are hot and playing well. Reed definitely fits that bill. This isn't the RC and we'll probably win regardless but they changed things for this exact reason.
HouAggie
AG
Quinn said:

HouAggie said:

Uninformed, or just joking?
AgLA06
AG
https://www.golf.com/news/features/2019/03/15/tiger-woods-patrick-reed-players-pairing/
Quinn
AG
HouAggie said:

Quinn said:

HouAggie said:

Uninformed, or just joking?

Informed. Everything I've read says that Tiger and Reed get along great, whereas I've never seen a single article or comment about Tiger and Rickie. I guess they're living that #JupLife together, and I've seen JT talk about hanging at Tiger's restaurant, but I've never seen anything specific from Rickie:
Forum Troll
AG
I want to change one of my choices to Snedeker. Dude has been lighting it up lately. It'll still take Kisner and Reed, but drop either Rickie or Woodland for Sneds.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.