Living on a course: would you do it again?

6,098 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by third coast..
austinag1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
investorAg83 said:

oldschool87 said:

Since 88, every apartment and 3 houses have been on the course! Love it!

How our current house sits on somewhat of a turn on the street, we cannot see our neighbors from the porch, just the golf course!!!

Here are a list of things to consider.

1. At some point, no matter where, you will get a broken window. Might be 1 every 10 years, but it will happen. Get over yourself, its a freaking window!!!!
2. You do not want to be on a tee box. This puts carts in your backyard, all day long! If you want people staring at you all the time, then have at it. I would rate this is a no go. {given the cart path is behind your house, can work if the distance and angles don't put the golfers in your back yard...
3. #1, you cannot under any circumstances be 200 to 280 off the right side of a tee box. You will end up covering your entire back yard with a net. Look next time you play at the houses in the 235 range off the tee box...
4. Find a house by a green or on a par 5 somewhere preferably on the left side.
5. Find a house on the front 9. Earlier the better. That way in the evenings, there is no one finishing up thru dark. Hole 1 or 2 is even better!
6. It is a golf cource, its is not your land. You don't own it. Its not for your dog to run on, nor your personal space to play on.
7. Having said above most courses that don't have a stick up there *** will tolerate a walk or a little infringement if you don't abuse it.

The biggest thing the course brings is the neighborhood. It usually brings it together, closes it up. As just 1 or 2 ways in or out. Puts a little buffer between you and the rest of the bad world out there. Usually kept up, and people are out doors. Gives a much more open air feel vs. 4000 track houses!

Absolutely love it! We are actually on the first hole about 300 off the tee box. I get just enough pro v1's that just barely leak into our back yard on a slow roll thru the fence to keep me happy. The view is just greatness. I will hit 4 or 5 balls every once in a while back to the range. Its about 185 from my back yard. Also remember rainy days, winter, and cold, nobody plays! No wood fence to stare at, no stupid neighbors, I would work hard to do it!!!
The other benefit to being on the front...reloading the cooler when you pass the house. I'm on 15 green and while it doesn't stop me from reloading, I'd much rather have 10+ holes in my future vs. 3.

Agree. On the 16th green. Almost no point in reloading for a par 4 and a par 3 remaining.
TresPuertas
AG
G Martin 87 said:

The hole layout is a dogleg left, with a 130ish yard approach shot into the green. Bunker on the side nearest the house, with the green just behind it. The fence line is about 30 yards from the bunker. The house isn't directly in the line of fire. It would take a slice over the bunker to hit the yard. Not impossible, but seems unlikely.

This is literally my situation and I love it. You can't get to my house with a drive and really have to suck to hit it with your second.

That said, I'm in year 3 wouldn't change a thing
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Not impossible, but seems unlikely.

Hold my beer....
G Martin 87
AG
So I played 18 today and really scrutinized hole #6. Trees on the left side of the fairway completely block all angles to the green and the house we're buying from the tees. My tee shot was a straight 206 yards to the elbow of the dogleg, leaving 125 yards to the front of the green. Trees on the right side of the fairway screen off the houses pretty well from errant approach shots. Worried even less now. Also, #12 passes by the same green. That means the possibility of cooler refills at the 1/3 *and* 2/3 points.

Everything is proceeding nicely at this point. Looks like this move is really going to happen.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Trees are 90% air. Or so I've heard more than a few times.
Aggieangler93
AG
My Father In Law could hit anything within 250 yards of any tee box, in any direction. I was astounded multiple times, by his uncanny ability to screw up shots. He would do stuff you couldn't even imagine before hand, or make up. I always had to hit before him, or I usually couldn't stop laughing long enough to play my shot.
mazag08
AG
I lived in a green growing up. I would kill to be able to provide that for my kids.
Aggie
AG
I live on a course... well our house is not technically on the course.
Directly across the street from a fairway. But the houses across the street that their backyards face the fairway , the lots are big enough it provides us a nice view.
The hole is dogleg to the left and house across from me is right in path If you miss the fairway. I've lived here a year and that house has been hit so many times I can't count.
I have had probably half a dozen balls end up in my front yard and picked up probably another dozen or so off the street.
I'd like to enjoy playing a hole or 2 in the evening when the course closes but the owner/ developer of the course/ subdivision lives directly across the street from me.. not too sure he would approve.
rsemingson
DannyDuberstein said:

Trees are 90% air. Or so I've heard more than a few times.

Uh, only in the winter. Lol
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.