Bastrop golf

2,222 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Warsteiner
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Played both Pine Forest and Colovista today. PF was in its usual shape. Decent enough.

Colo was absolute garbage. Greens might've been the worst I've ever played on. And. I've played some ****y golf courses.

InB4 someone say go played Wolfdancer. I did a couple weeks back. It was in great shape.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Yea, I'm not going to Colovista until at least next year. They told me they have nematodes and are treating the greens for that.

Shadow Glen was great on Monday. Between there, Bluebonnet Hill, Pine Forest and La Grange there are some decent and cheap options around here. No point in playing Colovista for a while.
aggiecody06
that's terrible to hear. Colovista used to be one of my favorite courses to play, then the fire happened and its been going downhill ever since then. So much potential with the course just never played out like they anticipated I guess. The par 3 over looking the Colorado is a favorite.
Ag_07
AG
The whole back 9 there is a really cool track.

The front 9 is a worthless.

Kinda like they said 'Oh yeah we got this nice 9 holes...But yeah...We need 9 more so just put em here'
AustinCountyAg
I agree 100%..... with my in laws living near by we play Colo and PF a lot. It's a damn shame they can't get at least one of the two courses in great shape.
Aggieangler93
AG
Anyone have an update on conditions at Pine Forest? My son hasn't played there and he wants to get a round in today. I used to love the course when I was in high school.
mm98
AG
:I was at the range last week and what I could see from the road was it looked pretty dry. Didn't play it though.
JJuarez1985
AG
Played Colo Friday and they're getting their greens back in shape. It was noticeably better from when I played it 2 weeks earlier. Theres still a few bad ones that the sprigged but the others are growing in and getting close to being back.

Havent played PF since earlier this summer but my issue with it is they never cut their greens low enough. Always have to beat your putts.
Warsteiner
anyone play pine forest lately? I'll be playing it in a couple of weeks and just curious about the shape its in
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.