TPC Scottsdale

2,051 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiehunter3
jock1020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going to Phoenix/Scottsdale area mid-Sept for a buddies bachelor party. Going to place the Stadium Course. Any thoughts/tips for the trip?
DannyDuberstein
AG
If there is a girl named Amy there wanting to play you for $$$, don't take the bet.
AggieDruggist89
AG
What she look like?
skippytimmy
AG
I would recommend Quintero, Ak-Chin, Troon North, we-ko-pa and boulders first.....

My 2 cents
Deluxe
AG
I thought TPC Scottsdale was fun. Got to play it in Feb right after the PGA stop, so all the grandstands were still up. Course is a little harder than the pros make it look, especially if you play the back tees.
jock1020
AG
Deluxe said:

I thought TPC Scottsdale was fun. Got to play it in Feb right after the PGA stop, so all the grandstands were still up. Course is a little harder than the pros make it look, especially if you play the back tees.
No risk of the back tees coming into play.
dc509
AG
Go have dinner at Mastro's City Hall.
GQaggie
AG
I was there in April and played We-ko-pa, Troon North, and the Stadium course. All three were in great shape, but the Stadium course was easily the least enjoyable. Compared to the other two, the layout is sort of plain and not as visually impressive. Without the grandstands, 16 is a simple, short par 3. It was also the most expensive of the three.

We rented a car, and Scottsdale was pretty easy to get around. We just had one car for a group of us though, so we also used Uber some, and they were always available within 5 minutes.

I ate at the Henry and OHSO Brewery while there and both were really good.
Baby Billy
AG
Miss my time living in Phoenix only because of the great golf.

Ak-Chin Southern Dunes is out of town about 30 miles, but a super fun course. I played in the summer, and it wasn't in the greatest shape, or at least not what I expected. It was after one of the only rains we got that summer and everything was a bit shaggy.

Still worth the $30 it cost me on GolfNow.
bigfoot10s
AG
Go to Papago and look for Kyle or Bob-O from Cartbarnguys on IG. Looks like a fun course too
Baby Billy
AG
Little Miss BBQ is very good. The ONLY place in all of Greater Phoenix.

There is TX BBQ that is better, but for Arizona it's amazing and they go nuts over it.
Floyd Falcon Sr
AG
skippytimmy said:

I would recommend Quintero, Ak-Chin, Troon North, we-ko-pa and boulders first.....

My 2 cents
+1 Except I think WeKoPa is overrated.

Troon North Monument is my favorite course down there and Boulders is awesome (if I recall cheaper than TPC or Troon also).

Rubble
AG
Has anyone ever played Phoenician or Camelback? I've heard they're good. We're going the weekend of the Phoenix Open next year and trying to figure out where to play besides Troon.
Baby Billy
AG
LantanaAg said:

Has anyone ever played Phoenician or Camelback? I've heard they're good. We're going the weekend of the Phoenix Open next year and trying to figure out where to play besides Troon.

I've played Camelback. Great layout and fun course.
Again, played in the summer for $30, but it will run you $150-200 during winter/spring months.

There are two courses out there. Ambiante is the good one
skippytimmy
AG
Camel back is OK..... Not on the same planet as the others listed. Same with Phoenician. It recently was renovated, and looks better.

There are much better options, in my opinion.
TMfrisco
AG
Check all the courses you want to play now. September is over-seeding time in Phoenix/Scottsdale. Many courses close for a couple of weeks while they overseed.
aggiehunter3
AG
I played Troon North Pinnacle during a quick trip in early April and it was incredible. I can't speak to the other courses mentioned, but Troon North is fantastic and worth the money IMO.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.