Lake Tahoe Golf

1,137 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll likely be playing by myself. My wife might ride along. Any recommendations?
AggieEyes
AG
Never played golf up there but I'm sure it will be spectacular! Report back.
DRE06
AG
We went on a 20-guy gold trip last year and played 3 rounds.

Depends on where you are staying. Edgewood, located in the south side of the lake, is probably the most well known because it is built around/on the lake and that's where they play the big celebrity Pro-Am every year. The terrain around the lake is much flatter, but awesome views of the lake.

We stayed the north side of the lake in Truckee, No, which is more mountainous. It was about 45 minutes (more with the construction-related traffic) from Edgewood. The consensus of the group is that if we ever went back we would play more mountain golf. Lots of options in the area.

We played Edgewood, Old Greenwood, and Grays Crossing. Would recommend all 3. Old Greenwood and Grays crossing we're more difficult due being much tighter courses with the mountain trees.
Austintm
Stayed in the NorthStar area (near Truckee -- North side). I played Old Greenwood (a Nicklaus Signature course) and the Golf Club at Gray's Crossing. Both very nice courses. Gray's Crossing is a bit easier.
irish pete ag06
AG
I'm staying at Incline Village. The Hyatt there.
Austintm
irish pete ag06 said:

The courses I mentioned are about 30 minutes from there. I believe there are a couple of courses near the Hyatt
irish pete ag06
AG
Austintm said:

irish pete ag06 said:

The courses I mentioned are about 30 minutes from there. I believe there are a couple of courses near the Hyatt

Cool. Haven't had a chance to google map them yet today. I'm kind of leaning towards mountain golf as well as the guy mentioned above.
GDP
Coyote Moon is pretty good too on the north side of Tahoe.
Truckee area.
92TXAG
AG
Old Greenwood
Gray's Crossing
Coyote Moon
Martis Camp
Incline Village
Lahontan (if you can get on)

if you haven't discerned, golf on the north side

*** Edgewood is over-rated ***
Chipotlemonger
AG
Lake Tahoe area golf is great.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.