US Open done playing in the south?

1,730 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Austintm
txislandag86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
US Open Championships played in the southern US:

1941 Colonial Country Club (Fort Worth,Tx.)
1952 Northwood Club (Dallas,Tx.)
1958 Southern Hills Country Club (Tulsa,Ok.)
1969 Champions Golf Club (Houston,Tx.)
1976 Atlanta Athletic Club (Duluth, Ga.)
1977 Southern Hills Country Club (Tulsa,Ok.)
2001Southern Hills Country Club (Tulsa,Ok.)

Is there not any golf courses in the southern states worthy of the US Open?

Rubble
AG
There are plenty of courses that can host it in the south, numerous ones in Texas. They don't want to play in the heat that we normally have in the southern states this time of year.

Why do you think the PGA of America moved the PGA Championship to May? It opens up a lot of courses that otherwise won't host a major.
Mr.Bond
AG
Unfortunately it's just too hot. That being said the state of New York and NE in general gets way too many majors
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Yep, too dang hot. But 2027 PGA will be in Frisco.
txislandag86
Somehow I'm able to play in Galveston all summer long and it's plenty hot and I'm not a thin guy.
Once every 10 years doesn't seem too much to ask for an Open to be played in the south.
Unemployed
AG
Pro golfers tend to complain about everything like the course set up, course conditions, and the weather.
Icecream_Ag
S
Pros complain about the heat at the Houston Open in march. Can you imagine the *****ing of they played in June or July
ORAggieFan
txislandag86 said:

Somehow I'm able to play in Galveston all summer long and it's plenty hot and I'm not a thin guy.
Once every 10 years doesn't seem too much to ask for an Open to be played in the south.
You walking the course five days in a row?
MAROON
AG
the 2019 Open was played in Charleston, SC and the 2020 is being played in Houston - both played in June. Is that not South enough for you?

Or did you mean the Men's US Open? Ya, it's too hot for the men, only the women can play in the South in June.
The Lost
MAROON said:

the 2019 Open was played in Charleston, SC and the 2020 is being played in Houston - both played in June. Is that not South enough for you?

Or did you mean the Men's US Open? Ya, it's too hot for the men, only the women can play in the South in June.
Well if you are gonna be this much of a technical ass, the 2019 open will actually be played at royal port rush....

Oh and remember women can wear shorts/skirts/
BTD
txislandag86 said:

Yes but we cant trust your judgment, you are fat and live in Galveston, already two strikes from one post.

I wouldn't want to play June golf in Texas if I was a pro either.
MAROON
AG
being a technical ass again - the US Open is being played at Royal Port Rush?
The Milkman
AG
Pros love to complain. They are so coddled week in and week out. Anything that could offend their delicate sensibilities and make the game more difficult/unenjoyable like 90+ degree heat will be shot down
The Lost
MAROON said:

Quote:

You literally said 2019 open... google 2019 open and let me know what you get
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
The Milkman said:

Pros love to complain. They are so coddled week in and week out. Anything that could offend their delicate sensibilities and make the game more difficult/unenjoyable like 90+ degree heat will be shot down
Hell yeah, let's make it a real competition. Watch some of those flowers wilt.
aggietony2010
AG
The Lost said:

MAROON said:

Quote:

You literally said 2019 open... google 2019 open and let me know what you get

Y'all are both wrong. The course is called Royal Portrush.
God save the Patriarchy!
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
About the technicalities of what the open or whatever he was referring to:

But highs in the high 90's with humidity walking 5-6 days in a row will beat down the field. It becomes who can stay hydrated the best
Austintm
It would also not be out of the question for the temps to be close to 100. And it's not just the players it's the fans. It would not be a good look for the USGA to have people dropping in the heat
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.