Tour 18 Flower Mound

2,364 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Rubble
TX_Aggie37
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Playing a round at Tour 18 in Flower Mound on Saturday. Anybody play there recently? Course in good shape?
khaos288
AG
Did you get the 99 dollar deal? If so that usually means it's in rough shape
Mr.Bond
AG
One in Houston is in way better shape
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

DallasAggie89
AG
Tour 18 hasn't been in good shape since the Clinton administration.
investorAg83
AG
Not sure I'd spend an afternoon out there for free.
Old School Brother
Haven't paid $99 out there in years. You can get lots of weekend golf app deals for $70 or less. Doesn't mean it's worth it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Haven't been out there in about a year, but thought it was priced right for what it was. I think the layout is still fun, and they don't get a premium for it anymore. Just avoid high traffic times because it can be slow
DannyDuberstein
AG
Just pulled up their site to see what they are charging now, and it says "aerification alert"
Rubble
AG
For what it's worth, I was looking at times on Saturday night for Sunday morning. When a course has times from 6:45am to noon (only a handful between 8-9 booked), on Saturday night, when the weather forecast is 70s and light wind, and the rates are only $55 at the most, I'd say it's in terrible shape and not worth it.

I haven't played out there in a few years, but the last couple of times it was in awful shape. It's a fun track, but they just can't seem to get grass to grow, or don't put the money they need to into it.

Mr.Bond
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Just pulled up their site to see what they are charging now, and it says "aerification alert"

Yup. It's that time of year
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

scoop12
AG
Played this past weekend. It wasn't in great shape. Greens were very slow. Fairways were really dry. Still not a bad place to play and a fun course, but by no means worth a premium. I probably wouldn't pay over $50 for it.
TX_Aggie37
AG
We're getting on for $64. I'm willing to sacrifice a little on the conditions to play a fun layout as long as it's not just a total cow pasture.
Mr.Bond
AG
If the greens were just punched I'd wait 2 weeks

Yesterday
AG
I'm surprised there is a bad shape course in DFW right now. Every course that isn't in a flood zone should be prime time.

Played it last year and it was worth the money. I've olayed some pretty terrible courses for $40 on the weekend. $67 for a decent to good one is not a bad deal. IMO
GCP12
AG
Mr.Bond said:

One in Houston is in way better shape
My God, the Flower mound Tour 18 must be horrendous
AggieC07
AG
I played out there last fall and thought it was in decent shape. Although my standards were low going in due to the reviews.
Mr.Bond
AG
Whens the last time you played T18 Houston

GCP12
AG
Like 6 weeks ago I think
Mr.Bond
AG
I play on it pretty regularly (granted not since March) and it's been in really good shape last few years

GCP12
AG
Interesting. I am kind of a tough critic. I just think it's wild that it still cost $100+ on the weekend with all the courses around Houston. I played it after work last time, so the price wasn't too bad.

I also base 90% of my thoughts of a course on the greens and they were just in really bad shape the day I played it.
Mr.Bond
AG
I never pay 100 bucks though too. I'm a golfnow and TeeOff.com *****

DeBoss
AG
Son was in golf camp out there and on Monday you could see where they had punched, but by today, the greens look really smooth. Things seem to be in good shape out there right now.
- If you are going to do something stupid, be smart about it.
Rubble
AG
Just played a quick 18 out there this morning. It's actually in pretty good shape. Only one green was really bad, and you couldn't really tell that they just punched the greens. For what it's worth...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.