Spikeless vs. Spiked Golf Shoes

2,042 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Floyd Falcon Sr
Floyd Falcon Sr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haven't bought shoes in a while and was curious if anyone has noticed any actual difference from switching to spikeless shoes. My biggest worry would be needing to replace entire shoe vs. spikes as they wear, along with getting enough traction, but the spikeless have more affordable options.
Forum Troll
AG
Spikeless are nice but they wear eventually and then you just have a shoe. I did one spikeless pair then went back to spikes.
DannyDuberstein
AG
When it's dry, I've never really noticed a difference. But when it's wet, the spikeless occasionally slip for me. So I prefer spiked since I play a lot of early morning rounds when it's still wet from overnight watering or early morning dew.
07fta07
AG
My adidas spikeless have held up much better than I expected. Although one pair is just about ready to be replaced.

I only wear them in the afternoons though because I did notice that I slipped more in the morning when the ground is wet versus my spikes. I do prefer the spikeless and wear them whenever I can.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm playing these right now. Technically synthetic, but they are extremely lightweight and VERY comfortable (and a good price). As comfortable as any golf shoe I've ever worn. And spiked, so haven't dealt with any slippage.

https://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/skechers-go-golf-torque-mens-golf-shoe---white%2Fnavy/1000000024321.html

Mr.Bond
AG
BigHitterDaLama about to bring the hate in 3....2.....1....
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mr.Bond
AG
FRT I wear spike less because we walk a lot. Much more comfortable
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

DannyDuberstein
AG
I don't take hate from people that shop at Ross.
BEaggie08
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I'm playing these right now. Technically synthetic, but they are extremely lightweight and VERY comfortable (and a good price). As comfortable as any golf shoe I've ever worn. And spiked, so haven't dealt with any slippage.

https://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/skechers-go-golf-torque-mens-golf-shoe---white%2Fnavy/1000000024321.html

I feel like I've see these somewhere before...

Oh yeah:
Rubble
AG
How many courses even let you wear spikes these days?

I haven't had a pair of metal spikes in at least 15 years. I have a pair that have decent soft spikes on them that act like metal spikes if it's wet (and I can change the spikes out when they get worn out), but my every day pair cannot be changed out, as they are basically like tennis shoes. Hell, sometimes I don't even put on my golf shoes. I never have issues with slipping though.
DannyDuberstein
AG
By spikes, they mean plastic/soft spikes vs. nubs/cleats.
Rubble
AG
Ahhhhh....

I have a pair with "spikes" that I use only when it's wet. The rest of the time I alternate between two pairs of spikeless.

Saying that, I haven't played when it's wet enough to use those shoes in more than a year.
E
AG
I recently got a pair of spikeless and have not noticed any drop in grip compared to my spiked. They are extremely comfortable and prefer these over the ones with spikes.
terradactylexpress
Spikeless but I try to avoid walking on concrete with them to keep from wearing them out
LHIOB
AG
Look at it this way - spikeless cost about $100/pair and last 2 year depening on how often you play.

Shoes with spikes cost about the same and can last 5+ years. But you are spending ~$40 year on new spikes.

At the end of the day I think they cost about the same
Buford T. Justice
AG
I miss the old days, and the sounds, when we wore metal spikes.
Floyd Falcon Sr
AG
Thanks for all the replies. Think I'm going to stick with having interchangeable spikes just to be safe on max traction.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.