Par 3 Course in Destin

1,595 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by irish pete ag06
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are there any good par 3 courses in Destin FL area with not too much water carry? Any that are lit for night time?

My 4 year old loves to play and a par 3 course is usually perfect for him to hit 3 wood, 7 iron, putter.
irish pete ag06
AG
Dang it. Meant to add "in Destin" to the title.
BEaggie08
AG
I used to play at the Golf Garden of Destin after work some evenings when I traveled there regularly. It's an executive course (2 par 4s and the rest par 3s). There is a lot of water on the course, but I don't remember how much of it you have to carry vs how much was just there for errant shots to the left or right. The course is lit in the summer time.
BEaggie08
AG
After looking at the layout (https://www.golfadvisor.com/courses/2016-the-golf-garden-of-destin#layout) I don't think any of the holes require a carry, but if he can't keep it straight, he'll be in the water.
kwammer
Not in Destin proper, as it is east of town past Seaside, but Origins Golf Club can be played as a 10-hole par 3.
No lights though.
Aggieangler93
AG
Last summer, we played putt putt one afternoon with the girls at Golf Garden of Destin, and I wasn't aware they had an executive course. I asked about the executive course out back and it looked to be in great shape, and did have lights and cold beer for sale. We just ran out of time, with 18 holes most mornings, so no time in the evening to get back there.

Next time we are down there, we will plan on hitting Golf Garden of Destin for sure. I think it looked like it would be a great time with a little fella.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
irish pete ag06
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

Last summer, we played putt putt one afternoon with the girls at Golf Garden of Destin, and I wasn't aware they had an executive course. I asked about the executive course out back and it looked to be in great shape, and did have lights and cold beer for sale. We just ran out of time, with 18 holes most mornings, so no time in the evening to get back there.

Next time we are down there, we will plan on hitting Golf Garden of Destin for sure. I think it looked like it would be a great time with a little fella.

Awesome! Thanks!

Here's the little dude's swing. He will be whipping my ass real soon.

https://imgur.com/a/nMMLiN9
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
he's got me beat already. about the same distance off the tee and he actually hit the fairway.
Aggieangler93
AG
I love it! Keep him going. My son is 15 and attempts to hit every shot like Daly (all the way out of his shoes). So I make him hit crappy shag balls most of the time. A buddy gave us 3 or 4 5 gallon buckets of shags. On occasion, when he gets hold of one and squares it up, it's 300 yards. The other times, it's liable to be 300 yards to the right or left of the fairway!

Keep us posted on his progress!
Aggieangler93
AG
kwammer said:

Not in Destin proper, as it is east of town past Seaside, but Origins Golf Club can be played as a 10-hole par 3.
No lights though.
FYI...Seaside is a good hour away from Destin, BTW.

We played 3 or 4 courses in the Destin area and I really enjoyed Emerald Bay.
JYDog90
AG
Nice! Like the way he keeps that head down through the swing!
aggiepaintrain
AG
kwammer said:

No lights though.

Awesome, I'm going to 30A in 2 weeks
Poot
Golf Garden of Destin is a really neat little place. The best part about it, IMO, is that you can get out there a little later and avoid some of the heat of the day since they have lights. That helps a lot when it comes to youngins and golf.
Shiner Bock
AG
Not to derail the thread, but could you guide me to how you got your kiddo to this level? We have twins that are two, both are interested in the plastic golf set, watch me in the backyard chipping, etc.
irish pete ag06
AG
Shiner Bock said:

Not to derail the thread, but could you guide me to how you got your kiddo to this level? We have twins that are two, both are interested in the plastic golf set, watch me in the backyard chipping, etc.
I wish I could say. I just bought a set and we hit in the back yard every day. We got a membership at a little tiny 9 hole country club near my house that offered an educators special to me. We have been playing 2-3 times per week this summer. He's an extreme visual learner. He likes watching lots of youtube golf stuff as well (Tiger Woods highlights, etc). I guess just some combination of all of that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.