Fort Bend CC

2,749 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by i is smart
malenurse
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As many of you know, FBCC sold their land to Johnson Development some time ago. Just heard yesterday, June 21 will be the last day of operations. Sad to see it go. Learned to play golf there back when it was just nine holes. Can't remember if it, or Riverbend is the oldest club in Fort Bend County, but it was close.

The kitchen and grill had a small fire this week and obviously no plans to reopen.

But, at least there will be some lovely homes built in its place.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
mazag08
AG
malenurse said:

As many of you know, FBCC sold their land to Johnson Development some time ago. Just heard yesterday, June 21 will be the last day of operations. Sad to see it go. Learned to play golf there back when it was just nine holes. Can't remember if it, or Riverbend is the oldest club in Fort Bend County, but it was close.

The kitchen and grill had a small fire this week and obviously no plans to reopen.

But, at least there will be some lovely homes built in its place.

I was a member there all through high school. Hole 10, thought short, will always be one of my favorite holes of all time.

Might need to go play one last time..
tandy miller
AG
Just shot my lowest round ever there about 3 weeks ago (83). Sad to see it go
Tom Hagen
AG
I don't know why Del Webb didn't buy it for its development next door.
agsalaska
AG
Sorry to hear that.

I still mourn Old Orchard. Hate losing courses.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
malenurse
AG
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
mazag08
AG
agsalaska said:

Sorry to hear that.

I still mourn Old Orchard. Hate losing courses.
Me too. Old Orchard was such a well designed course. With the creek running on one side and the mature pecan trees and oaks throughout, it was pretty one of my favorites.
agsalaska
AG
Agreed. Old Orchard was a gem.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
JYDog90
AG
Played in the Member Guest there a couple of times with Lee Hartman. What a comfortable club!
bqce
AG
I went to school at Dulles in the late 60's. Riverbend was there. Never heard of the other one
Mustang1
AG
Ft Bend opened in 1950 I think
chilimuybueno
AG
I remember Coach Williams, our golf coach at Lamar. I believe he spent most of the time in the 19th hole bar....
mazag08
AG
Today is the last day for the public. Carts were allocated by 8:00 am so only walking now.
i is smart
AG
I'll never forget hitting a car after a drive on Hole #1.

Also entertaining the lawn crew by the library after hitting a shot that ricocheted off a tree almost hitting me in the face.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.