Women's Golf Team Results

4,553 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by EKUAg
rgleml
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i do not see much improvement in the golf team results from last year. If this coach is so good, shouldn't there have been a little bit of improvement from last year?
Aggie95
AG
I wouldn't expect much this year. Her biggest impact will be recruiting more elite players, so that would mean better results after 2 years or so.
Wildcat
AG
What are they shooting and from what distance in DI?

What would have constituted significant improvement?
EKUAg
AG
They only beat UK out of 14.

+40 for 3 rounds. Florida won top seed out of stroke play at -1. 6274 yds.
JYDog90
AG
That's shorter than I expected.
Wildcat
AG
My daughter is playing at an NAIA school. 6200-6300 is common at that level. She's a fish shooting somewhere between +5-10 depending on the day and course. And even at that level, you better be under par if you plan on winning. Hoping she can continue to improve and get into the mix at the college level.
EKUAg
AG
Wildcat said:

My daughter is playing at an NAIA school. 6200-6300 is common at that level. She's a fish shooting somewhere between +5-10 depending on the day and course. And even at that level, you better be under par if you plan on winning. Hoping she can continue to improve and get into the mix at the college level.

Who for?
My older just signed to play at a NAIA school in KY.
Wildcat
AG
Asbury.
EKUAg
AG
Looks like our girls will be in the same conference. Mine will be going to Brescia.
Wildcat
AG
They did a Ryder cup event with Bressica last year on their home course, Connemara. Perhaps I'll see you next fall.
EKUAg
AG
Possibly.
EKUAg
AG
Golf Channel is predicting that the women will get into the NCAA tournament.
EKUAg
AG
Women's team got an at large and are the 14 seed at Norman. tu the one seed, Wake Forest the two
Wildcat
AG
EKUAg said:

Possibly.
Connemara is a well-maintained dog track. It's owned by Alltech and the clubhouse bar only sells their brews and liquor (Kentucky Ale/Lyons Reserve/Town Branch)...but I'll buy you one if I see you there.
mullokmotx
AG
Pleased that the team made the NCAA Tournament after their finish at SECs. Wonder if they would have made it if there were only 64 teams in the field rather than 72.
EKUAg
AG
Wildcat said:

EKUAg said:

Possibly.
Connemara is a well-maintained dog track. It's owned by Alltech and the clubhouse bar only sells their brews and liquor (Kentucky Ale/Lyons Reserve/Town Branch)...but I'll buy you one if I see you there.

Remember from when I played it with my brother years ago.
Looks like Asbury has 3rd locked up in the RSC tournament.
Wildcat
AG
My daughter is not playing in the conference tournament. Her late-season qualifying rounds were in the mix, but a few too many strokes to break into the top 5 to travel. She has been frustrated, but pretty motivated. I hope she continues to work hard at it over the summer and travels next fall.

If it has been years ago since you played Connemara, it may be playing much better. When I first moved-up in the late '90s, it was terrible. Like a lot of courses, was about to go under. AllTech's corporate office is adjacent to the course and the owner is/was Irish, so they bought it with the intention of using it for various corporate events (wife worked there). They actually put a good bit of money into it and it is much, much better maintained. But the layout is still as dull as paint and there are some tricked-up holes that are kinda BS. Significant improvements would require a bulldozer...and I don't think that will happen since this is a bit of a side thing for the company.
EKUAg
AG
She playing at Lindsey Wilson today and tomorrow?

My daughter is playing.
Wildcat
AG
Afraid not. She was at Taylor last week, but tied for the last slot on travel squad this week. Coach wanted to get the other player some tourney experience. She was pretty bummed, but suddenly more motivated. Next chance is the 30th at Belterra.

If she qualifies, I will try to come-up for Monday's round. My son is in the state qualifier on Tuesday, so I will be back in Lexington.

Good luck you yours.
Wildcat
AG
And I should correct the record on those distances at NAIA tournaments. She practiced at 6000+, but the last few tournaments she's played in have been between 5800 and 6000.
EKUAg
AG
This one looks to be 5850. Mine shot 87 yesterday. She has shot as high as 92 and as low as 79. Those were in the same tournament at IU-East.

Thanks for the well wishes. Hope we both are at Belterra on the 30th.
Wildcat
AG
Yeah, the old first round at the next level bit my daughter as well.She was over 90 on day 1 at Taylor with something like 5 balls OB (I wasn't there to see it). Got it together on Day 2, but didn't break 80. Two day total was nothing to write home about.

EKUAg
AG
Differences on where the 2 schools are at right now. Her total of 171 had her second on total for the team. That total is not bad for her, especially since she had never shot below 86 before that.

Fortunately she had played 4 or 5 high school tournaments at 6,000 yards to include twice at Crooked Stick.
Wildcat
AG
79 in a college tourney round solid. My daughter has been close, but yet to break 80 in a college tourney round. She's still learning how to compete.

The girls just take a different view. My son is pissed if he doesn't hit his number and talks about every missed opportunity. My daughter tells me if her playing partners were fun and nice before discussing the round.

In truth, my blood pressure control would probably be better if I took her path.
EKUAg
AG
I try to stay out in front an fore caddie for her group when there so I am not in the way.

She shot an 82 yesterday, so she has shot 5 of her best rounds ever at school. I think she will be at Belterra.
Wildcat
AG
My daughter managed to qualify. She'll be in the 5 spot tomorrow for Asbury. Don't yet have a tee time, but my wife and I are driving up from Lexington for the round. If you are attending, look for the most average of average white guys in a purple golf shirt.
EKUAg
AG
We are on 10. I am in a soaked grey Brescia shirt and a wide brimmed hat.
Wildcat
AG
Will look for you around the clubhouse. We are on 17.

Edits: Decided to get on the road as you guys were still an hour and change from finishing. Catch you another time. Best of luck to your daughter.

EKUAg
AG
On 18 tee now
Wildcat
AG
I'll be checking on the scores tomorrow from here in Lexington while walking what is probably my last round of HS golf (unlikely my guy makes the state tourney).

I'll miss it,
EKUAg
AG
Congrats to your daughter on their win, Wildcat.
Wildcat
AG
She called last evening and was almost too excited to talk. She's the soph from Lexington, although you may have already deduced that. We have one event left this fall at Huntington. Perhaps I will see you there.

In related golf news, it took 290 to advance to state out of our region on the boys side. So my son is done with HS golf; doesn't seem interested in pursuing it in college.

We also heard that Trinity bested St. X. over in Louisville. They were -11 as a team. It's unbelievable how good some of these kids are.

EKUAg
AG
Wildcat said:

She called last evening and was almost too excited to talk. She's the soph from Lexington, although you may have already deduced that. We have one event left this fall at Huntington. Perhaps I will see you there.

In related golf news, it took 290 to advance to state out of our region on the boys side. So my son is done with HS golf; doesn't seem interested in pursuing it in college.

We also heard that Trinity bested St. X. over in Louisville. They were -11 as a team. It's unbelievable how good some of these kids are.

Planning on being at Huntington at this point.
EKUAg
AG
You going to make the Huntington tournament Friday and Saturday, Wildcat?
Wildcat
AG
Afraid not. Tough week in qualifying and will not make this trip.

Good luck this weekend.

I did score a box at Keeneland on Saturday, so I'm not entirely heartbroken. Last chance to see the races this fall.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.