Tiger swing coach, or lack thereof

774 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by '03ag
watty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Granted, I didn't watch a lot of post-Master coverage but I do still take in a fair amount of golf, and one thing I haven't heard talked about is the journey he went with of trying different coaches before finally just going without one. It's pretty crazy to me (and cool) that he ends up doing that and then winning the Masters. Seems like, at a certain point, the best golfer ever probably does have a pretty good foundation of knowledge and should be able to more or less feel his way to the right swing. Seems like Tiger did that.
WhoopN06
He did recently add a putting coach. I believe the same one JT uses.
_lefraud_
AG
Agreed, seems like he has more or less ended the tinkering (on a larger scale). I've got to think he has a guy(s) on call that he has watching him and/or playing with him to observe his swing, and look for any "issues" or inconsistencies they may see, that Tiger doesn't.
'03ag
It is very weird. I wonder if it is partly because of his unique health considerations. Only he really knows what he can and can't do. It's allowed him to just focus on what it takes to get around the course the best way possible.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.