Golf Course Recommendations in Plano/McKinney Area?

1,113 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Sueshade10
Golf1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Attending a wedding in the area in the middle of May and looking to play a golf course the next day.
I've never played any of the courses in in the Dallas area so open to here some opinions of where to play.

Thanks
jj9000
AG
Watters Creek
Sherrill Park
Pecan Hollow

Any of these are good options.
khaos288
AG
Stonebridge is nice if you've got a club Corp membership or know someone who can get you on.

I wouldn't spend the money on Westridge until they get some of their greens under control.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Heritage Ranch in Fairview (best public course in the area, imo)
Ridgeview Ranch or Twin Creeks are both fun tracks, but depending on when you are playing, can be a long round.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Pecan Hollow
Ridgeview Ranch
Watters Creek

I really like Sherrill Park (#1 course, not #2), but their greens are infested with Poa lately and totally suck balls.
bcanales05
AG
I concur with everyone's opinion as well.

My suggestion would be

Pecan Hollow
Watter's Creek (also has a short course)
Heritage Ranch

If you're more on the Frisco/McKinney line, you could also do

Ridgeview Ranch
Twin Creeks
Westridge

If you could make it out to Frisco Lakes or Trails of Frisco, those are also good tracks.

Stay away from Oak Hollow.
Golf1
AG
Pecan Hollow and Watters Creek was recommended by my friend also before starting this thread so it sounds like we will give Pecan Hollow a try first.
Sueshade10
AG
I agree with jj. I play Watters Creek at least a few times a month. Sherrill Park is fun, although try to get Course 1 rather than Course 2. Sherrill Park is also the most affordable option which means it is usually packed and can be a bit frustrating.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.