U.S. Open: Pebble Beach

1,738 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BarryProfit
lazuras_dc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watching the Masters has me reinvigorated with Golf. I remember years ago when I played all the time I made it a point to notice that the US open was going to be at Pebble Beach in 2019. Well that snuck up on me! Its late notice, but Im considering cutting out there for a few days to attend.

Anyone have advice what do do, what to see, or logistics wise?

My initial plan was a ticket for thursday or fridays round on Ticketmaster- appears to only be like 75 -80 bucks, fly to SFO, rent a car and get an air bnb in one of the smaller towns nearby and just commute in. I really wouldn't even need to play a round or see anything. Just been on my bucket list to see the course.
The Lost
Thursday or a practice round is probably easiest to see the course. Tiger mania will probably add some craziness to the experience.
Rubble
AG
San Jose is an hour closer to fly into, just FYI. Don't know where you're flying from, but plenty of non-stops from Love or DFW.
DannyDuberstein
AG
San Jose is closer, but if you live in the DFW area, flying to SFO from Love Field on Southwest is can be super cheap (sub $200 round trip is very doable) and if you are bringing sticks (which you HAVE to if you're gonna make this trip), the free bags is another savings. Also, don't take the most direct drive down from SF. On at least one leg, take the PCH. Absolutely amazing stretch south of SF.

At last play Pasatiempo in Santa Cruz
BarryProfit
I travel there a couple of times a year, you can fly directly into Monterey and save yourself the drive.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Pasatiempo is money.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
DannyDuberstein
AG
And that drive along the coast between SF and Santa Cruz is something everyone should do before they kick the bucket.

BTW - check out the Golf Channel tonight through Wednesday to see Pasatiempo. They are playing the Western Intercollegiate tournament there. Course was designed by Alister Mackenzie, who also did Augusta National and Cypress Point.
agsalaska
AG
Tiger and Phil in the final group on Sunday 5 shots clear of the field. Phil beats Tiger to complete the grand slam and making his career stand alone. Big hugs and some funny twitter stuff afterwards.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
AggieDruggist89
AG
I'm gonna attend Thursday and Friday with my son. I see the local Holiday Inn in Marina down the road is $850 per might.
SpongeWorthy
GIF Reactor
AG
That is insane. That's higher than Augusta! Ask Rickie if you can stay with the bros.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Most likely going to stay near San Jose then drive down. Park and catch the shuttle. Better book everything now before Tiger wins the PGA.
BarryProfit
Electrical_Ag said:

That is insane. That's higher than Augusta! Ask Rickie if you can stay with the bros.

Carmel is paradise and Augusta is a sheethole (outside of ANGC). It's not surprising.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.