Cypresswood - Spring Golf

1,260 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Poot
Chef Demas 2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone played the Cypress course lately and can comment on its condition?

I played the Traditions course a few weeks back and loved it (greens were actually in decent shape), but I didn't really see the Cyrpess course and can't see anything online about how it is playing.
chris2010
AG
I'd like an update on Cypresswood as well. Has anyone played there recently, more specifically the Cypress course? Was looking at playing there next weekend.
E
AG
I played Cypress on Sunday and it was in great condition. Tee boxes and fairways were very green, and greens were in decent shape. Couple rough patches but nothing that detracted from the overall course. Would play it again soon.

Is Tradition in good shape? I've heard from multiple people that it's terrible right now.

Those of you in Sugar Land area, avoid Greatwood right now. Worst greens in Houston. I played it multiple times last year and they were good. Must have gotten a nasty fungus recently cause they were half sand and so bad. Played on Saturday and won't play again until the greens are fixed.
cab559
AG
I've heard Tradition greens are VERY rough right now as well. Sucks considering I played it about a year ago and it was in top notch shape post Harvey reopening. When in good shape, Traditions is the best public course in Houston for the value.
The D
AG
Played tradition about 3 weeks ago. Greens had some dead spots and were sanded. Didn't putt as bad as it looked but there weren't that great. The rest of the course was in good shape
jonj101
E said:

I played Cypress on Sunday and it was in great condition. Tee boxes and fairways were very green, and greens were in decent shape. Couple rough patches but nothing that detracted from the overall course. Would play it again soon.

Is Tradition in good shape? I've heard from multiple people that it's terrible right now.

Those of you in Sugar Land area, avoid Greatwood right now. Worst greens in Houston. I played it multiple times last year and they were good. Must have gotten a nasty fungus recently cause they were half sand and so bad. Played on Saturday and won't play again until the greens are fixed.

Though technically in Pearland, Southwyck would give them a run for that title. Played in a tournament there about a month ago and they were so bad they gave all of the participants a free round pass. I have no immediate plans to use mine and I live less than 10 minutes from the course.
Ag_07
AG
Has Traditions fixed the drainage issue the have?

We played there a few months back and it was the wettest course I've ever played. It hadn't rained in about a week when we played but the course was incredibly wet. Like your feet were sinking and you were leaving footprints out in the fairway wet. The group behind us quit and went and asked for their money back. I was surprised they were open for play as wet as it was.
E
AG
I forgot about Southwyck! I played there last spring and it was so bad, I added it to my never play again list.
terradactylexpress
It's a shame too because southwyck 10 years ago was a fun long course
Poot
A lot of courses around town were that wet... High Meadow Ranch, Woodforest, Black Horse... all were so wet you'd leave foot prints in the fairway.

HM got so bad they turned it into a par 3 course for a couple of weeks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.