Masters Info/Recap if you went...

4,741 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tavery58
JCA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I spent about $1300 when I was there 2 years ago. That number doesn't surprise me at all. It's incredibly well run, efficient, and the only place you can get some of the most prized golf attire/memorabilia.
WhoopN06
What is your home course if I may ask? I'm curious what courses in West Texas has Bentgrass greens.
Westicles
AG
WhoopN06 said:

What is your home course if I may ask? I'm curious what courses in West Texas has Bentgrass greens.

Both country clubs in Midland are bent. I'm pretty confident that Odessa CC also has bentgrass greens on both courses too.
tavery58
This was my second year in a row to get tickets through the lottery. Maybe I'm entering the wrong lottery.

Last year was for Thursday, this year was Monday. Very different experience. In the practice rounds, the groups spend 15-20 minutes around each green chipping and putting from every angle to each pin location. The result of this is that you can't see as many groups come through an area as you do during the tournament rounds.

The comments about the crowds being quiet are dead on. Last year we camped out at Amen Corner for a couple of hours. Everyone is friendly and talking but when it's time for a player to hit, it's quiet. When Tiger came through, the crowd tripled in size, but you could hear a pin drop it was so quiet.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.