Brooks Koepka: Last 20 Majors

1,508 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Candiru
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Koepka has competed in 18 of the last 20 majors. Here are his results.

2019 Masters: T2
2018 PGA Championship: W
2018 British Open: T39
2018 US Open: W
2018 Masters: DNP
2017 PGA Championship: T13
2017 British Open: T6
2017 US Open: W
2017 Masters: T11
2016 PGA Championship: T4
2016 British Open: DNP
2016 US Open: T13
2016 Masters: T21
2015 PGA Championship: T5
2015 British Open: T10
2015 US Open: T18
2015 Masters: T33
2014 PGA Championship: T15
2014 British Open: T67
2014 US Open: T4

3 wins (of last 18 played)
2 DNP's
9 Top 10's (of last 18 played)
14 Top 20's (of last 18 played)

Never missed a cut & only once finished outside the top 50, which was way back in 2014.

There wasn't a ton of time to predict he'd arrive, but maybe folks in 2015/2016 should have been paying a little closer attention. Either way, that's just an incredible run for him.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Media doesn't pay attention to him now..
watty
AG
Seems like he isn't going anywhere any time soon. I could see him getting to 8 or 10.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He bombs the ball and has displayed great touch on and around the greens in these super slippery major green setups. Pretty much the formula for bagging majors. As we've seen, **** can happen with players both physically and between the ears, but he appears to be set up to compete for and win a helluva lot of them.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I'd like to see him make a few more putts, like that one on 18 yesterday, but yes, he is very solid all-around and should be force for years to come.
STL_aTm
AG
I always think of the article steve williams did in 2015. I remember reading this part about Brooks and thinking thats a pretty impressive thing to say.

ONCE IN A GREAT WHILE, a player comes along who hits a golf ball the way it was meant to be hit. Powerful, piercing, the perfect trajectory. Of the young players out there, one I've seen has that special ball flight: Brooks Koepka. Adam and I were paired with him at the Open Championship last year, and from his first tee shot on, I thought, This kid is special. Obviously he's searching to find the other parts of the puzzle, but I haven't seen a ball flight like that since Tiger, and before that, Johnny Miller.
bagger05
AG
I think Bethpage is going to set up perfectly for him.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Am I the only one that initially thinks "Mark Brooks, why are they referring to Mark Brooks?" every time they see him referred to as "Brooks"?
Bunk Moreland
STL_aTm said:

I always think of the article steve williams did in 2015. I remember reading this part about Brooks and thinking thats a pretty impressive thing to say.

ONCE IN A GREAT WHILE, a player comes along who hits a golf ball the way it was meant to be hit. Powerful, piercing, the perfect trajectory. Of the young players out there, one I've seen has that special ball flight: Brooks Koepka. Adam and I were paired with him at the Open Championship last year, and from his first tee shot on, I thought, This kid is special. Obviously he's searching to find the other parts of the puzzle, but I haven't seen a ball flight like that since Tiger, and before that, Johnny Miller.

Great call back. So Steve Williams definitely saw it.
Unemployed
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

STL_aTm said:

Great call back. So Steve Williams definitely saw it.
I think Tiger said the same thing during his presser. It was regarding Koepka hitting a 9-iron on 12 and coming up short and that helped Tiger determined what club to hit. He said Koepka is stronger (obviously) and has a better ball flight.
JCA1
AG
Had a buddy go to the Masters about 5 years ago and got to hang out with Rich Beem. Asked Rich, "who's one guy I've never heard of who could win this thing?" His response, "Brooks Koepka." Seems like the players have long recognized his talent.
Candiru
AG
I like how he doubled 12, but then made eagle on 13.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.