2019 Swings

1,109 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by oneeyedag
oneeyedag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First time here in Virginia was able to get out an enjoy the weather since last year.

Still fighting my takeaway, but for some reason I am able to recover nicely on the down swing. But it's still two unnecessary moves to get the club back on plane.

Saturday

https://imgur.com/a/topkmUh

Sunday

http://imgur.com/a/BMJHI0l

Here are some reference lines

AggieDruggist89
AG
I'm in VA and got in more than 10 rounds already..
oneeyedag
AggieDruggist89 said:

I'm in VA and got in more than 10 rounds already..

Rub it in will you must have banker hours.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Salaried healthcare guy and the family hasn't moved yet from CA. House is getting built and hasn't broken ground yet. Will be living right around Virginia Tech River Course. A lot of free time yes.

Having said that, your swing looks good. Simple. But will you please make divot strips instead of tearing up the turf?

DannyDuberstein
AG
doin the Lord's work

Forum Troll
AG
In my very amateur opinion, you fan the club open on the takeaway, club head gets inside the hands too early. Flat shoulder turn on the way back. Forces you to come steep and over the top on the way down. Right elbow collapses too much as well which probably is why your swing looks a little long.

That 2nd still image is awfully close to a shank.
oneeyedag
DannyDuberstein said:

doin the Lord's work

If I was at the River Course like druggist I would make my traditional VT divots, but since i am not someone has to make the superintendent(s) work.
oneeyedag
Forum Troll said:

In my very amateur opinion, you fan the club open on the takeaway, club head gets inside the hands too early. Flat shoulder turn on the way back. Forces you to come steep and over the top on the way down. Right elbow collapses too much as well which probably is why your swing looks a little long.

That 2nd still image is awfully close to a shank.

No shanks in years!

I am working on trying to keep the club outside my hands on the backswing. Never been over the top, due to my right elbow staying so close to my right hip.

I'm 50, so I'll take the long flatter swing, helps me bomb it past the youngsters. I certainly agree though with me fanning the club face open.

If I could fix that and get the club up earlier (setting the club more upright) I think that would allow me to keep the club outside my hands on my takeaway.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Quote:

No shanks in years!
May the golf gods have mercy on your soul for making this comment.
oneeyedag
DannyDuberstein said:

Quote:

No shanks in years!
May the golf gods have mercy on your soul for making this comment.

Yes! I'm gonna let it ride and never go back to blades.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.