Garden Valley in Tyler area for cheap guys golf trip

1,825 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by tamu2009
TUhatr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone played this course or done a stay and play there? Looking for a relatively inexpensive golf trip for a few friends, not serious golfers at all for the most part, and came across it

Let me know if anyone has some reviews of this place. Also if you have any other recommendations let me know

We have done Port A...they turned the course into something else...
Did HSB a few times before it went away from Marriott

Just looking for something different.

Thanks!
sundaytiger13
AG
I've played there quite a few times but it's been about 10 years since the last time I played there. Would highly recommend Pine Dunes in Frankston, especially over GV.
TUhatr
AG
Thanks for that, will check them out...any tips?
sundaytiger13
AG
I've never stayed there but Pine Dunes has casitas on the property. You're also 20-30 minutes from Tyler if you just want to get a hotel there.

I haven't played there but have heard a lot of money was spent on the old Shallow Creek course in Gladewater (now called The Tempest). Might be fun for a guys trip as you could easily run over to Shreveport for food/gaming.
SkierAg
AG
Links at Lands End is an outstanding course, the super does a great job there! Along lake fork. They have stay and play options as well. Highly recommend looking into.
"Anything less than your best is a felony"
AustinCountyAg
SkierAg said:

Links at Lands End is an outstanding course, the super does a great job there! Along lake fork. They have stay and play options as well. Highly recommend looking into.
was coming to post this. I have not played there yet, but I have heard wonderful things.

Pine Dunes is a very good course, but may be to remote for a guys type of trip unless golf is the sole focus.

R.I.P. Twin Lakes in Canton
AustinCountyAg
What kind of shape is Garden Valley in? I know it won't be as good as Pine Dunes but I am just looking for something different since I've never played GV before.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I played it back in April and the greens were awful. Crab grass everywhere. Rest of the course wasnt bad, so it they got the greens taken care of, it may not be in bad shape.
aggolfer
AG
Wow, shame it is in such bad shape. Used to be an awesome track and had some good times in the house off of I think it was #11 or 12 green.
tamu2009
AG
Take just a little further trip east and hit Tempest in Gladewater. It's a fantastic course and is in great shape.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.