Golf Events

1,229 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Chef Demas 2020
jmac_aggie06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm a Private Wealth Advisor based out of Chicago. I'm searching for golf events to network with other Aggies. I've checked 12th Man Foundation, the Association, Dallas A&M club, etc. and found nothing. I had a colleague just have a Purdue event in Naples, FL that was a big networking event for their university. I'd be hard pressed to think we don't have something similar or better. Thanks for any leads anyone may have.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
I've been in Houston for almost 4 years and have never seen anything advertised for golf outings.

Now, I am not very involved in the Howdy club or Houston Aggie club so there could be some things happening I am unaware of but they just don't advertise them/market to non-members.

I say that with how the OU club of Houston markets on my mind. I have a very small amount of friends from OU in Houston and they have things being advertised left and right. Huge Houston golf tournaments, a rodeo cookoff team, rodeo gatherings, etc. To me, they are doing a better job of marketing/planning events. Maybe I am an outlier and I am totally unconnected but just my thoughts.
jmac_aggie06
AG
I'm finding the same thing, salloh_tamu.

You'd think with a university that is as proud as ours that this would be a common occurrence all over the states. We have an extremely proud former student base that rivals any university, a very large former student population, and deep pockets. I find it hard that a lot of other universities have a ton of these events and we don't.

Maybe the big boys that donate to our football program have a lot of these events privately and we're just unaware as the general student population.
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
Ditto
Thanks & Gig 'Em
jmac_aggie06
AG
Bump
dc509
AG
This was done last year in the DFW area, and I think it is an annual event.

https://www.fortworthaggies.org/dfw-aggie-golf-classic-2018/
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Anyone in Houston know who to contact if someone were interested in setting up a few golf tournaments and other events?

I know there would be a lot of interest from TexAgs and other Houston ags.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.