Flight Scope MEVO

2,728 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Aggie369
Roger Goodell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is it worth the price? Or is it something that sounds great in theory, but never end up using.

https://www.flightscopemevo.com

Looks like a great little training aid.
DripAG08
AG
Interesting how cheap it is compared to the TrackMan.
khaos288
AG
Save up for skytrak. Flight scope is not as easy to use with all the stickers and what not
jj9000
AG
Yes it's well worth the price...and better than the SC200/SC300. The Mevo is the best portable launch monitor on the market.

The differences between a Mevo...GCQuad...and TrackMan are negligible. Stickers are optional. Just orient the ball with a perpendicular seam and they're not needed.

The only reading the Mevo doesn't give you that a $20k TrackMan gives you is face to path angle...and total distance.
khaos288
AG
My buddy literally just bought one and has had lots of problems without stickers. I'll have him try the seam thing though.
Forum Troll
AG
http://www.golfwrx.com/494008/review-flightscope-mevo/
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
khaos288 said:

Save up for trackman. Flight scope is not as easy to use with all the stickers and what not
Mevo is $500.... Trackman is $20,000+. Not really apples and oranges and I doubt anyone is going to just save up for one.
khaos288
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

khaos288 said:

Save up for trackman. Flight scope is not as easy to use with all the stickers and what not
Mevo is $500.... Trackman is $20,000+. Not really apples and oranges and I doubt anyone is going to just save up for one.
Sorry! I said trackman, and I meant Skytrak
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
khaos288 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

khaos288 said:

Hah. That makes more sense.

Mevo still seems neat since you can use it outdoors at the range, but I don't have any experience on it to verify the accuracy.
khaos288
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

khaos288 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

khaos288 said:

Hah. That makes more sense.

Mevo still seems neat since you can use it outdoors at the range, but I don't have any experience on it to verify the accuracy.
Skytrak can go outdoors and connect to a mobile device as well
jj9000
AG
khaos288 said:

My buddy literally just bought one and has had lots of problems without stickers. I'll have him try the seam thing though.
When practicing...ask him to set the device on top of the Mevo box (or anything else that's a few inches off the ground).

Then find the seam on the ball...and orient the seam perpendicularly to the device.

Or...just ask him to spend (30) minutes reading about the launch monitor he just bought.
khaos288
AG
jj9000 said:

khaos288 said:

When practicing...ask him to set the device on top of the Mevo box (or anything else that's a few inches off the ground).

Then find the seam on the ball...and orient the seam perpendicularly to the device.

Or...just ask him to spend (30) minutes reading about the launch monitor he just bought.

This might be tough, he went to tech.
Aggie369
AG
Face and path are the most important pieces of a launch monitor...I also dont think mevo does spin rates

If you just want to know carry distances then mevo looks to be decent....if you are wanting to know what your swing is doing then mevo is pretty pointless
Roger Goodell
I mostly care about my swing
Aggie369
AG
Same
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.