golf apps

1,811 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by giddings_ag_06
Squatch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
anyone using an apple watch for gps function? if so, what app is your go to? i'm looking for basic yardage and ability to track stats (score, fairways, greens, putts, etc.)
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Golf now and the grint are ones I have used on the apple watch. But I also carry my phone with me just in case.
schwabbin
AG
Foursum and TheGrint are the two best I've found.
14TheRoad
AG
I've only played once since getting an Apple Watch 4 for Christmas. Got the 18Birdies app. No complaints but also don't know what makes it much different than the other options posted.

Edit to say 18birdies does yardages and let's you track stats for fairways, greens, putts, penalties, etc. app is free also.
BEaggie08
AG
I use Golfshot Plus and I've been pretty happy with it.

https://golfshot.com/

PA24
AG
That is awesome.

ORAggieFan
I use GolfLogix and have for years.

Curious for others, with it the watch just gives the GPS from the phone, so it must be in your pocket vs. the cart. Not a huge issue. Any apps use watch GPS instead? Guessing not.
ElCheAg
AG
As for scores and keeping an official USGA handicap index, my group has been happy with The Grint. It also has GPS mapping and yardages, but I just can't give up my rangefinder.
E
AG
+1 for the Grint
gdjudge19
Eminus6 said:

I've only played once since getting an Apple Watch 4 for Christmas. Got the 18Birdies app. No complaints but also don't know what makes it much different than the other options posted.

Edit to say 18birdies does yardages and let's you track stats for fairways, greens, putts, penalties, etc. app is free also.
18Birdies is my favorite. Golf GPS itself isn't anything special, but it certainly gets the job done. It does track all of your stats, and has really helped me target the areas of my game that I need to improve. You can set targets for # of birdies, pars, GIR, fairways, etc. to keep track of how well you do.
panag
AG
BEaggie08 said:

I use Golfshot Plus and I've been pretty happy with it.

https://golfshot.com/

Did you try any of the free apps that do some of the same things? Worth the $30?
z-wag44
AG
I use Taylormade my round pro. I like it a lot and it's free. Gives good statistics on what could use improvement in your game.

It's on a Samsung watch, not sure about iwatch compatibility though!
giddings_ag_06
AG
I have a Garmin S20 watch and have been happy with it. Accurate yardage, simple and easy to use, can show hazards and track shots, stats, etc... Plus it's quick to use. I had to get used to playing with a watch, but now I don't play without it. Plus, it keeps me from having to look at a phone and do more than I have to while trying to enjoy a round of golf.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.