Anyone here a member at Deerwood?

2,640 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by NomadicAggie
panag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If so, I have some questions for you. Looking at joining now that Memorial Park is closed for renovations. Thanks!
Mr.Bond
AG
Not a member but Deerwood/Kingwood courses are best value in all of Houston imo. The clubhouse renovations at Deerwood are absolutely incredible. If I lived within 20 miles of it I'd join instantly
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

panag
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Not a member but Deerwood/Kingwood courses are best value in all of Houston imo. The clubhouse renovations at Deerwood at absolutely incredible. If I lived within 20 miles of it I'd join instantly
I'm about 25 miles out and looking just for golf really. Don't have kids yet so my wife and I probably won't use the facilities other than restaurant. Was also considering Champions as my boss was a member there for a long time.

To your point, the renovations are awesome. Not sure how it compares to other places, though. I haven't been out to very many courses.
dc509
AG
My brother in law is a member at Deerwood. It's a really fun course. Very much about golf though so that fits. When you do have kids I believe you also would have access to the Kingwood clubs which have the amenities.
PA24
AG
Lived in Kingwood for many yrs.

The Forest, the Marsh, and the Lake are fun courses.

The Isle course and Deerwood are not fun unless u have very serious game.
Deerwood is a gamblers dream.

Great golf in Kingwood.
panag
AG
Thanks for the replies, everyone. My biggest concern is joining a place where I can find groups to play with on a regular basis. All of my friends are flakey and never want to actually go play. That's why I want a golf club like Deerwood. It seems like I could find a group there.
Ezra Brooks
AG
Not a member, but live nearby and drive by frequently. Hope to be a member when the kids get a bit older.

It's never very busy,
dc509
AG
My brother in law has two or three different groups he's in.
Poot
I used to get to play Deerwood all the time in High School. It's an absolute bear, in my opinion. That course makes you earn every par, and some pars feel like birdies. (Looking at you #4)
jonj101
Mr.Bond said:

Not a member but Deerwood/Kingwood courses are best value in all of Houston imo. The clubhouse renovations at Deerwood at absolutely incredible. If I lived within 20 miles of it I'd join instantly

Echo this - between all those courses in the character of each one, thats a hard to beat deal in Houston imo
cmk10
AG
How much is deer wood up front and per month?
DOCAG79
AG
I've been a member at Deerwood for 28 years. Great golf course and now, great facilities! The staff is always very helpful and attentive. Definitely not the crowd that you will find at the other Kingwood course. Always easy to get on and play is never over 4 hours, even walking.
panag
AG
Does that crowd include young professionals? Think upper 20s to mid 30s.
DOCAG79
AG
There are some in that age range, but mostly are in their 40's and 50's. Remember that Deerwood is just golf! We don't have tennis, pool, or fitness like the Kingwood Club does.
BigLeftMiss08
AG
KCC Member here (32 YO) and I live off the Lake Course.

DOCAG is right, majority of the members at KCC (Island, Lake, Marsh, Forest) are 40s-60s. We were starting to see more and more young families come along but with what Harvey did to the facilities it has set us back a bit. I envision the club will do some sort of membership deal once the new clubhouse is finished so you may be able to get a deal in a few months.

Overall and has many have mentioned, you still can't beat the deal. Let me know if you have any other questions about KCC.
NomadicAggie
AG
I used to live along the 14th hole of Deerwood until Harvey turned my house into the bottom of Lake Houston. We have since moved and left the area. I was a member at both Deerwood and Kingwood CC. If there was a bright spot after Harvey it's that the clubhouse has been renovated. It needed it desperately. Everyone used to (maybe still does) refer to Deerwood as Bushwood, lol. The course is amazing, and was always in great shape. In the four years we lived there, water over took large portions of the course three times (memorial day, tax day and harvey).

If you don't have to live in the immediate vicinity, it's a great golf spot. Other posters are correct, it can be a very difficult course. I hope the area continues to recover and that it ends up better than ever.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.