Call your shots: AT&T Pro-Am

6,176 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
Front Range Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Field

Everybody gets 2 choices.

I'll say Finau or Fleetwood.
Ag81Golf
Bill Murray makes an ass of himself again!
champagnepapi
Champ or Jason Day
aggiedent
AG
Bill Murray isn't playing, nor did he play last year.
Forum Troll
AG
Adam Scott and Chesson Hadley.
jja79
AG
aggiedent said:

He wore bell bottoms last year when he played. On the tournament website he's the first celebrity listed as playing.

To me it's the worst week of golf watching. I like watching golf but that doesn't qualify.
98Ag99Grad
AG
DJ or Day
Oso96
AG
Cantlay or Spieth
Seriously77
Whoever is putting the best that week.
BreNayPop
AG
dj and hadley
aggiedent
AG
Quote:

He wore bell bottoms last year when he played. On the tournament website he's the first celebrity listed as playing.

EDIT: In error
DannyDuberstein
AG
I've seen quite a few pics and video cuts of Bill Murray at the 2018 ATT Pebble Beach Pro Am for a guy that wasn't there. I thought the only one he's missed in the past decade or so was in 2013 or 2014.
aggiedent
AG
You're right. I found some videos of him that is labeled as 2018 3rd round.

We camped on the green of 10 / tee box 11 Thur., Fri., and Sat. before any groups came through. We stayed until all the groups played through and then left. I don't know how we missed him. And....the official celebrity list at the tournament did not have him on it. I'm puzzled.

I guess I'm wrong.
agsalaska
AG
jja79 said:

aggiedent said:

To me it's the worst week of golf watching. I like watching golf but that doesn't qualify.
Me too. I have to record it.

I usually record the early rounds, watch them after the kids go to sleep, and try to catch the back 9 on Sunday. So there is a lot of fast forwarding going on with the celebs. I am sure it drives the pros nuts.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I've always thought it was a shame that my 2nd favorite course to watch is mucked up with the celebrity pro-am factor. They overdo the interviews, use it to heavily promote their own network, and in general, it's just a mess where there's not near enough comedy gold to overcome the beatdown. I don't really mind there being an event like this in general, but it would be nice to see a great field at Pebble every year without the distraction.
Post removed:
by user
Roger Goodell
aggiedent said:

You're right. I found some videos of him that is labeled as 2018 3rd round.

We camped on the green of 10 / tee box 11 Thur., Fri., and Sat. before any groups came through. We stayed until all the groups played through and then left. I don't know how we missed him. And....the official celebrity list at the tournament did not have him on it. I'm puzzled.

I guess I'm wrong.

Yes you are. Pay attention next time.
Bunk Moreland
Sneds
Front Range Ag
AG
Almost went that direction.
bagger05
AG
Cam is having a nice front nine so far. He's -4 on the day and -6 for the tourney.
stick93
AG
agsalaska said:

jja79 said:

aggiedent said:

Me too. I have to record it.

I usually record the early rounds, watch them after the kids go to sleep, and try to catch the back 9 on Sunday. So there is a lot of fast forwarding going on with the celebs. I am sure it drives the pros nuts.

I've mentioned here before, years ago I was on a return flight to Austin with Rich Beem. He had just missed the cut in this event. He had zero good things to say about the event. If memory serves correctly, pace of play was his biggest point of contention.
Bunk Moreland
Of course they paired DJ's group with the am who is a former miss America. And of course he's having a rough day.
Front Range Ag
AG
Had to look up who she was. But, no, he did not excel today.
STX Ag
AG
Well at least Lucas Glover won't get his ass beat this week.
bagger05
AG
Looks like conditions got a little tougher later on but seems like Champ is gonna be in for tomorrow.
EKUAg
AG
third coast.. said:

i think its ridiculous that half the celebrities are CEOs

It has always been celebrities and Titans of industry. Who do you think can afford to pay the (last I saw) 10k entry besides them?
bagger05
AG
My theory is there is a pricing level that gets a shot or two on golf channel and another that gets you a shot or two on the main broadcast.
Forum Troll
AG
Carlton and Kelly Slater with the 2 best shots by amateurs today.
aginlakeway
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Of course they paired DJ's group with the am who is a former miss America. And of course he's having a rough day.

She's actually a good golfer. Impressive all around.

Kira Kazantsev.
jja79
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

As far as I know Jake Owens was never Miss America.

DJ and Gretzky played with Spieth and Owens.

She played with Ryan Armour and they were paired with Jason Gore.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah you're right. They showed her putt and Gretzky's back to back during the coverage on the same green
JCA1
AG
EKUAg said:

third coast.. said:

i think its ridiculous that half the celebrities are CEOs

It has always been celebrities and Titans of industry. Who do you think can afford to pay the (last I saw) 10k entry besides them?

That actually seems ridiculously cheap. Unless you want to fly out there and hope you get lucky, to play pebble requires a minimum 2 nights on property. Throw in the greens fees for pebble and the other 2 courses and you're looking at about $4,000 for those 3 days of golf any time. Just a little more than double the usual rate to play in the AT&T sounds like a helluva deal.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Agree with the premise if it was $10k but it isn't. I don't know what it is now, but Forbes reported that it was $25k back in 2011. It might be pushing $40k by now.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Btw, LOL at the weather. That is crazy
Roger Goodell
Whole tourney looks miserable
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.