Best Place to Get Left Handed Irons

777 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by investorAg83
AggieDub25
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I got into golf at the beginning of the summer. I've become obsessed with it. I've gone from not being able to get the ball in the air to shooting an 86 yesterday (still average mid 90s). I've still got a long way to go, but I'm pretty happy with my progress in that amount of time.

I bought a set of Callaway Strata clubs when I started because I read they were the best starter set you could get. It only has 6-PW for irons. I'm starting to realize the need for more irons in the bag. I can't hit a fairway wood at all at this point.

I went in to get fit tonight for the first time. I landed on Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal irons. I only hit 7 iron, but I loved it. Question I have, where is the best place to find left handed irons or clubs for that matter? The price I was quoted after the fit was north of $1,000. I would be ok with a used set but the shaft and flex combo would have to be right. I figured this would be the best place to ask for advice. Thanks in advance.
aggiegolf86
AG
PGA super store. Not sure if you are located close to one but probably worth the drive. I grew up in CS and none of the stores had many decent left handed clubs to hit or look at. I finally made it to a pga super store and was blown away they had so many left handed clubs.
khaos288
AG
What's the shaft and flex? Lefty stuff is tough, but you can def find good deals.
AggieDub25
Shaft - KBS Tour .355 - weight 130
Flex - X
khaos288
AG
Pretty damn close

kbs 130X, in a c-taper, so it'll be a little different, but overall very similar shafts.

Bet you could make an offer here and take these home close to half that 1000$ mark.
AggieDub25
That's actually where I did the fitting. I went in wanting to hit some TM irons because I've had my eye on a set on eBay, but as soon as I hit the Mizuno's I was hooked. I probably will have to find a used set and buy the shafts separately. Looks to be the cheapest route. PGA superstore was definitely proud of that set of clubs.
khaos288
AG
The problem with that route is a used set of left handed jpx 900s plus the cost of an entire new set of shafts plus installation plus grips will cost you more than a new set of jpx 900s probably.
AggieDub25
Yea, after a bit more research, I fear you're right. Based on what im seeing for sale out there, I may have to get off the Hot Metals and go with the Forged set. Just not a whole lot of used Hot Metal irons out there, especially with the shaft set up I need.
khaos288
AG
Yeah. I literally just put that exact shaft in my irons after getting fitted. Not the cheap route haha
JCA1
AG
I'm a lefty. Bought a new set of mizunos on eBay years ago. Never know what will be on there but worth checking.

I've bought a bunch of stuff off budgetgolf.com as well.
jj9000
AG
I've got a set of uncut C-Taper S+ 125 sitting in my office that are for sale...for pennies on the dollar.

4-PW (less the 5 iron shaft?
AggieDruggist89
AG
Don't forget to pick up a dozen of left handed balls.
investorAg83
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.