Decent Katy/Houston Courses

1,449 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by inozips
Roger Goodell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Getting the boys back together. Early 30s. I'm the only actual "golfer" in the group. Other guys are intrigued by the aspect of the sport. Just looking to get out to the links to catch up, hit some balls, drink, cigars and maybe teach them a few things about the sport. Is there a course you guys would recommend to answer the needs of my group. Don't worry about our rate of play, I'll be on their @ass if we just need to pick it up and keep moving.

$40-$50 green fees without club rental would be ideal.
Mr.Bond
AG
Cinco Ranch, Cypress Lakes, Memorial Park,

Wildcat is always in great shape just south of town.
Best kept secrets in greater Houston are are eagle Pointe, wilderness and Moody Gardens but all are a bit of a drive
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

terradactylexpress
Depends on what part of town, most of the decent (or really any condition) are 30ish minutes out of town
AustinCountyAg
I recommend driving out to SFA in San felipe. Will be less crowded than city courses and very relaxed atmosphere and location for beers and golf
GCP12
AG
Wildcat would be my suggestion if you are okay with paying $80 a round on the weekend. Good setup for a big group of guys. 16 of us played out there back in July and it went well.

If you are looking for a cheaper option, I really like Pearland golf club at country place. Usually between $30 and $50 on the weekend and the course is always in great shape and usually not too crowded. Although it might not be the best course for beginners because it can definitely be a very frustrating course to play.
dahouse
AG
SFA in San Felipe. Good people, course was rebuilt after the hurricane, $40 includes cart, $2.50 beer
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
gdjudge19
A little more on the expensive side, but man, Blackhorse in Cypress is still my favorite Houston course. Greens are fast and immaculate, course is challenging enough but fair. If you can get a weekend twilight rate you probably could do it for $60. Cannot recommend enough though. Played out there two weeks ago over Thanksgiving, and man was it good.
inozips
AG
Meadowbrook Farms - OP did ask for Katy.

Blackhorse sorta makes sense, Wildcat?

Good to hear SFA is open again. Damn sorry River Ridge is closed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.