That time of year again... anyone going to the Hero in the Bahamas?

1,316 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by E
watty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went last year and I'm going again. Here was the thread last year. Apparently some of the pictures aren't there anymore, not sure why, but it's an amazing way to watch Tiger.

Look for me and my buddy on TV on Saturday, we'll be wearing A&M shirts I'm sure.
Yesterday
AG
After reading your post last year a few friends and I wanted to try it this year. Then my wife got pregnant in March and now I'm feeding a new born. Damn woman.
ORAggieFan
03ki11erAG said:

After reading your post last year a few friends and I wanted to try it this year. Then my wife got pregnant in March and now I'm feeding a new born. Damn woman.
Hopefully you were to blame for this as well...
Yesterday
AG
ORAggieFan said:

03ki11erAG said:

Hopefully you were to blame for this as well...

I am. Which sucks because I could have had an out to watch Tiger! Guess I'll have to be a good family man with a faithful wife. The luck.
Deluxe
AG
I wish I had seen your thread on this last year. I've thought about going to this tournament a few times because, like you said, it's a good way to see the big names up close with small galleries. Maybe next year!
watty
AG
Had a blast! Watched Tiger on Saturday. You may have seen us on the broadcast, a couple guys with A&M shirts. I know we were visible on Tiger's first tee shot.

Seemed a little more crowded this year on Saturday than it was last year on Sunday but I don't know if that was my imagination or not. Either way, it remains a fantastic way to see Tiger up close, and again, it's the Bahamas so you're gonna be in paradise the whole time. You miss out on the big-time pressure moments that a bigger event would provide, and Tiger certainly wasn't grinding like he would in a big event, but you make up for it with access you can't get at any other tournament. Got to see literally every shot he hit, and got to give him a couple comments that he responded to as he walked by.

Tiger didn't have his best stuff at all, but there was one cool moment for us. After Tiger reached the green in 2 on the par 5 6th hole with an amazing shot, I asked Notah Begay between holes what Tiger's yardage was on that shot, and he was real friendly, he said "266, with a 5 wood... You have that shot in your bag? Wow..." and made an "I still can't believe how good he is" face.

I probably won't be able to go back next year, so some of you need to keep the A&M tradition alive.
E
AG
I'm going next year with an Aggie buddy
Yesterday
AG
E said:

Wear protection. Just saying.
E
AG
03ki11erAG said:

E said:

Wear protection. Just saying.

Always
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.