Doak to Renovate Memorial Park

23,055 Views | 182 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by E
trip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
andrago94 said:

Buddy sent me this image of the course layout.

That is correct.
trip
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Wonder what 15 will be like now? It just looks like a dry ditch and boring. That hole was always cool because of the forced water carry but the way the wind swirled right there and was almost always in your face heavier than it seemed
It has a creek running in front of the green with a steep face. Much like 13 at Augusta. It looks like it will eat a lot of balls.
trip
AG
I will add some pictures in the next couple of days. Working way to much right now.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
trip said:

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Wonder what 15 will be like now? It just looks like a dry ditch and boring. That hole was always cool because of the forced water carry but the way the wind swirled right there and was almost always in your face heavier than it seemed
It has a creek running in front of the green with a steep face. Much like 13 at Augusta. It looks like it will eat a lot of balls.

Ahh ok so blue is lake, dark shaded areas are creeks and streams.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Just noticed the green on number 4 is pushed back and right closer to old number 5 back tee. Will bring misses right into a run off drainage area.
And number 5 back tee is now on the other side of the dry creek ravine that was hidden next to its old tee by the over growth. Looks like that whole left side is cleared out forcing a carry over the hidden ravines to a dog leg left hole now. Very cool
Gig-Em2003
AG
17 looks awesome
AgLA06
AG
Gig-Em2003 said:

17 looks awesome

16 & 17 look like they will be awesome holes. 12 will probably be the prettiest from the tee box (for tournament cameras).
trip
AG
All are just dirt now but:

15 looks good -steep front to look at with water below.
16 approach has a bunch of water. The southern wind will help you out a lot.
17 is tough. southern wind pushes you into the lake. the slope is strong to the lake. think NASCAR bank around the lake. Probably a 5 degree. (might be able to get a strong drive to the front area. it is tough to gauge distance with no grass on the ground.)
18 is long. It will be open because they are removing a bunch of trees for grandstands.

14 has a tree on the corner that is really well placed. the grass is there so I think this is an old hole.Again I never got to play it before construction.

So far, construction will meet the deadlines. We got through some major hurdles this week.
E
AG
trip said:

All are just dirt now but:

15 looks good -steep front to look at with water below.
16 approach has a bunch of water. The southern wind will help you out a lot.
17 is tough. southern wind pushes you into the lake. the slope is strong to the lake. think NASCAR bank around the lake. Probably a 5 degree. (might be able to get a strong drive to the front area. it is tough to gauge distance with no grass on the ground.)
18 is long. It will be open because they are removing a bunch of trees for grandstands.

14 has a tree on the corner that is really well placed. the grass is there so I think this is an old hole.Again I never got to play it before construction.

So far, construction will meet the deadlines. We got through some major hurdles this week.

Thanks for the updates! That makes it sound like some fun finishing holes. Previously they were kinda blah.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.