TPC Sawgrass

1,578 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DoubleE65
DoubleE65
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just found out the wife got me a tee time on the stadium course this Friday morning for my 30th birthday. Weather looks to be great and it will be my first time. Any tips or pointers for this trip? I'm assuming I'll have a caddy.. $50 tip?

Thanks for any suggestions.

EE
Forum Troll
AG
Haven't played there before but bring a ton of balls.
_lefraud_
AG
Two questions :

Rule 1? And where/how do I find a wife like this?

Second question is more important than the first.
LHIOB
AG
Dont just tip to tip. If they caddy sucks pay them their fee but dont go overboard
grego
AG
Definitely walk.

Not a terrible walk with a caddy and I believe it is full time cart path only.
GIF Reactor
AG
Awesome! Happy birthday and enjoy!
1990AG
AG
My Son who is a collegiate golfer and I played it this Summer. We stayed at the hotel and played both courses.

• Get out there early and enjoy the practice facilities and club house. Both are really cool. Make sure to leave time to see the Presidents Cup Library and the drawings of past winners.
  • You can eat dinner there the night before if you are there in time. Definitely catch lunch and a beer in the club house after your round.
  • Not cart path only. We rode, but it would have been an easy enough walk. Our Caddie got my son's bag and carried him through 16-18.
  • Play 17 from the tips. It's 140-150 from back there. Our caddie let us play from both the tees we had played all day and from the pro tees. It is every bit as cool as you think it's going to be.
  • I tipped our Caddie $100 because he was cool to hang out with and carried my Son's bag for 3 holes. If just a normal fore caddie, I'd say $25 per person is fine. That is standard for a normal club fore caddie.

Have a blast. My son gets to play a lot of cool spots and says this is one is high up on his list.

Have fun, wish we were going with you!
schwabbin
AG
My Uber driver in Jacksonville a few months back was a caddy out there. He had some good stories of folks he has caddied for from the PGA president to guys out on bachelor weekend.
aggiegolf86
AG
let us know how it goes
mongey donk
AG
Get there early.

Check out and eat at the clubhouse.

Practice facilities are great.

Don't over look 16 it's an awesome hole. (you will be wanting to look at 17 is on your right)

18 tee shot is scary.

I think I tipped $80?

Eat at Palm Valley Fish Camp after your round.
DoubleE65
AG
What an awesome place to play golf! Weather was perfect and the course wasn't super slammed. Started the day with a kick in 3-footer for birdie on 1, almost wanted to quit with a career under par at Sawgrass.. Had 2 bogeys on the front to shoot 37, hell of a nine! Another birdie on 12 but a couple bogeys and a double followed. +4 on 16 tee, nice drive on right side of fairway then hit the green only for it to slip off the back wet. Get up and down. Head to the famed 17th and proceed to hit the dreaded bulkhead with the pin front left. 2nd tee ball gets on top of the ridge, 2-putt for double. Head to one of the most daunting tees I've seen on the 18th. Hit a great cut off the lake and find center fairway, pull the 2nd in to green side bunker and can't get the sandy, bogey. But... broke 80! Truly awesome round for me especially on this incredible course.

All in all it was a fantastic day. They've already begun setting up grandstands for The Players so that was pretty cool. If you can ever make it to this track to play or watch the tourney it's a must do! Hope to make it back sometime myself.

Edited to add we also ate at Palm Valley Fish Camp and it was top notch. Had lunch at Graeme McDowell's Nona Blue yesterday and it was also very good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.