Golf clubs complete set Reccomendation for teenager

663 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JHUAggie
Mas89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My 14 year old wants a set of clubs. He has taken a few summer camp lessons and has hit at the driving range some but has never had his own clubs. I see some Black Friday deals but not sure if they are junk or not - top flite xl and callaway. He is 5'11' and still growing so I would like to get a set that does not break the bank but good enough to learn and compete with. He hits left handed so our family's old clubs won't work.

Thanks for any advise on what to get or not get.
jj9000
AG
Dammit!!

I was ready to fire off a note telling you to send me your shipping address so I could send you a set of PING i5s...for the cost of Shipping.

Then I read he's a southpaw.

Look out on Global Golf for a set of TM Speedblades, or TM RBZ. If he catches the bug, you can upgrade from there.

Good luck!!

JHUAggie
I think any of the club sets you see would be fine if you want to buy new. I would tend to stay away from top flite but that's just me. I started buying cheap sets of clubs for my kids since I was not confident they'd play much. I didn't want to spend money on the best clubs ever if they weren't going to use it. You can always spend more later especially since you will need to if your kiddo keeps growing

Jj I know a boy here that could put those i5s to great use if you are still interested I parting with them. He an inch shorter than the OPs kiddo.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.