Handicap

6,248 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PA24
Old Tom Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

R u like a cheerleader?
First the sock gets messed up. Now breaking posting style character. It's falling apart.
khaos288
AG
I'm in to play.
jj9000
AG
Seriously77 said:

jj9000 said:

Have him send his GHIN number to you or 288.

I've got a C-Note backing you (along with the guy above)...b/c I know how much you can't stand this dude. Straight up gross score.

Playing from the big boy back tees.

None of this "I play from the Whites" sh++.
R u like a cheerleader?

Post your GHIN number, Duggins.

We can go from there.

If I don't have to have surgery next month, I'll be playing from the backs, chief.
REMARCH11
AG
You better be, hahaha!!
God,....I really hate the sips!
Yesterday
AG
What in the hell just happened?
jj9000
AG
03ki11erAG said:

You've got one guy in particular that wants to beat the hell of out this guy...up and down the course. I'd post the text messages, but, I don't want to get banned.

I'll back his bet for a C-Note, coupled with g-man's C-Note posted above.

So long as Duggins will post his GHIN number by end of day, all bets are on.

If he can't (or won't) post his GHIN number by end of day, all bets are off.

03_Aggie
03ki11erAG said:

The internet is serious business.
PA24
AG
Here is the problem I am having.
I have (2) guys that I don't trust playing golf with due to what JJ keeps posting.

I wanted to set up a friendly outing with some serious players.

I think they know what they r doing especially JJ who didn't want to play now he wants to play. If he is trying to wreck this outing he is doing a good job.

khaos288
AG
I'm going to go out in a limb and say the "serious" players would gladly be part of the 12+ group. Some of them just don't want to be in your 4some
PA24
AG
Fine, I will play by myself.

Trust me, I will count every stroke.
REMARCH11
AG
I'll play you.
Khaos, set up the 4 some!!!

And just to make everything up and up here is my GHIN 0883423 last name McCaskill.
CapCity12thMan
AG
wait...hold on...is there a money game happening or not?
REMARCH11
AG
Sure, we could do a 20.00 buy in and play a stableford with gross skins. I'm open for whatever. There are just some side bets on match with 77.
93MarineHorn

Quote:

I'm not a good player but it cracks me up to be paired with someone who says they're a 3, 4, 5 handicap and after they shoot 91 they just can't understand how all those slices and lost balls happened.
I've been this guy, only with a snap hook instead of a slice. But I never tell people my HC unless they ask me. I'm pretty long off the tee but like many longer hitters I can definitely shoot 90 plus if I'm struggling with the driver. OB and hazards really add up fast.
Ag81Golf
Hell, I want to tag along just to hear the conversations that Duggin/77 has with himself!
agsalaska
AG
CapCity12thMan said:

wait...hold on...is there a money game happening or not?
Money game? Where? How much?

Im in.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
PA24
AG
Ag81Golf said:

Hell, I want to tag along just to hear the conversations that Duggin/77 has with himself!
Tag along and watch me win ag.

REMARCH11
AG
Haven't really decided. I threw out the idea of a 20.00 buy in, we could play a stableford with a split pot with gross skins.

I'm game for whatever, just looking foward to a fun round with my fellow Ags!!
Ag81Golf
Duggins90 said:

Ag81Golf said:

Tag along and watch me win ag.

77 will probably kick your butt!
Trinity Ag
S
BreNayPop said:

Im an 8, but if i consistently turned in my good days i'd be a 5 or less. Only time i felt guilty was playing in a handicapped tourney as a 9, shot my career best 64 on par 72 course. Luckily, i was playin with guys id played in lots of tourneys against so they know my handicap is decently legit.

Frankly, vast majority of guys i play against at an 8 are sandbagging 3s. Id rather play against most 1 or 2s... those guys are usually my skill level that just want the number to impress friends but arent that good.
So basically you are an 8 but really a sandbagging 4?

What I am embarrassed about now is sporting a 6.4 from August that is really about a 9 after playing almost no golf since the Fall monsoon started in September!

PA24
AG
Trinity Ag said:

BreNayPop said:

Im an 8, but if i consistently turned in my good days i'd be a 5 or less. Only time i felt guilty was playing in a handicapped tourney as a 9, shot my career best 64 on par 72 course. Luckily, i was playin with guys id played in lots of tourneys against so they know my handicap is decently legit.

Frankly, vast majority of guys i play against at an 8 are sandbagging 3s. Id rather play against most 1 or 2s... those guys are usually my skill level that just want the number to impress friends but arent that good.

What I am embarrassed about now is sporting a 6.4 from August that is really about a 9 after playing almost no golf since the Fall monsoon started in September!

I had a good friend that carried a 9 handicap but was really a 3. We played a lot of 2 man events in south Louisiana back in the 90s. He use to tell me " when you leave a tournament and everyone is mad at you, you done good."

Golf is a very unforgiving game. Throw in the elements of fall and winter, expect your handicaps to rise so don't be embarrassed.
Trinity Ag
S
Duggins90 said:

Trinity Ag said:

BreNayPop said:

I had a good friend that carried a 9 handicap but was really a 3. We played a lot of 2 man events in south Louisiana back in the 90s. He use to tell me " when you leave a tournament and everyone is mad at you, you done good."

Golf is a very unforgiving game. Throw in the elements of fall and winter, expect your handicaps to rise so don't be embarrassed.

It seems backward to want it to go up so I can actually be competitive at club events, knowing that it will be summer before I get back to a 6.

But I worked hard to get to single digits, and that matters more than $100 pro shop credit. There are some sandbaggers at the club that are so notorious no one speaks their name without an eyeroll.

That is a sad situation.
REMARCH11
AG
Trinity Ag said:

Duggins90 said:

Trinity Ag said:

BreNayPop said:

It seems backward to want it to go up so I can actually be competitive at club events, knowing that it will be summer before I get back to a 6.

But I worked hard to get to single digits, and that matters more than $100 pro shop credit. There are some sandbaggers at the club that are so notorious no one speaks their name without an eyeroll.

That is a sad situation.

I have the same type of golfers at my club. I hate sand baggers, to me, it's basically cheating!!!
Mr.Bond
AG
It's not basically cheating. It's 100 percent cheating to the definition
PA24
AG
I guess I was a bit nave with ol' Bob but he never gambled and played the ball down as he should. Every time we played, he would beat 2 out of 3 times. When I would press him, he could pull off some shots that were amazing.

But when he was bad, he was terrible and I guess that explains why his handicap was so high compared to his tournament play. He would get a case of the shanks that was embarrassing to watch. One round I watched him hit every fairway with driver and shank every approach shot. Get mad as all get out but never cursed.

But looking back, when he was on he was no 12, my goodness that man could putt.
REMARCH11
AG
You are 100% correct!! I think sandbaggers should be taken out back and have their knees introduced to a bat!!
PA24
AG
Exactly.....that is why I carry when I golf.

Handicap is like a bank account, just a number.

Dont want to get ban again

Go Army (snicker)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.