Driver vs Driver 2

1,896 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BoDog
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone watch this season? It's my guilty pleasure
I feel like Wilson blew an opportunity. Cortex looks like a TM knockoff, it'll be overlooked on the shelf (insert Wilson joke of. "everyone overlooks their gear") . At least the rozwell was Innovative and like nothing I've seen
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

EKUAg
AG
Watched it. Cortex tested out better.
Congrats to the winner. Glad that Tim is getting his last year of school paid for and Wilson will give him a job, so they may keep improving Roswell for the future.
Hated the Revolution Golf add for Cortex showed on screen prior to the winner being announced.
jj9000
AG
Show is indicative of how far behind Wilson's R&D is.
Mr.Bond
AG
Their irons are fantastic but I agree on the woods. The Triton was absolutely horrendous
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mr.Bond
AG
Wilson needed a reason for people to pick up the driver. Rozwell had very good numbers too and the wow factor on appeal. I just see the cortex falling into the abyss

And class act by Wilson doing everything they did for Tim

booradley
AG
I like hailey
jj9000
AG
They're trying to sell these at the same entry point as a new TaylorMade M3 w/multiple custom shaft options?
Mr.Bond
AG
499....wow. Shaft options aren't terrible though

KatyAg01
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Their irons are fantastic but I agree on the woods. The Triton was absolutely horrendous
I picked up a Triton on clearance last year ($75 brand new) with the Aldila Rogue shaft in it. It sounds like a tin can (even after stuffing the cavity with cotton balls), but when struck properly it produces a penetrating, low-mid ball flight that I haven't been able to get with any other driver.

I dislike the sound so much that I had a Cobra adapter put on the shaft and put it on a Cobra LTD; that club was hot garbage.

Mr.Bond
AG
I couldn't get over the sound, it was atrociously loud. And distance was pretty bad too. I did EXACTLY same thing. 75 bucks with same shaft lol. Kept shaft and put cobra tip on it

98Ag99Grad
AG
Watched it too. I like the engineering aspect behind the design and was glad they showed more golf stuff this time around. I told my wife before the end I thought Cortex would win and Wilson should hire the kid. Glad they made him the offer.

For me personally, I wouldn't have even looked at the Rozwell if it was in a store. The track he designed comes off as "gimmicky"; again, just my personal feelings on it. I'm not someone who moves the weights around a lot or plays with track. Once fitted, I pretty much keep it where it started.

If they're putting a premium shaft in the driver, the $499 price tag is in line with other manufacturers, however, most people don't view Wilson on that level. Not sure how many they will sell in the short term.
Old Tom Morris
Post-script to this story is that Tim Slama has accepted a full-time job with Nike in design engineering (obviously not golf) instead of Wilson once he graduates.
Mr.Bond
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

Post-script to this story is that Tim Slama has accepted a full-time job with Nike in design engineering (obviously not golf) instead of Wilson once he graduates.

Maybe he wanted to stay in Oregon versus living in Chicago I don't blame you on that one

aggiedent
AG
Quote:

100% concur.

The last time I bought irons I hit just about every iron made. Narrowed it down to 3. Kept hitting them and finally came up with a winner. The Wilson FG Tour V6. They are awesome.

Woods.....not so much.
BoDog
AG
aggiedent, what are your thoughts on these irons for a higher handicap player (around 20)?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.