"Cheap set" at Costco

2,921 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by powerbelly
dcrewint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.costco.com/Callaway-Edge-10-piece-Golf-Club-Set%2c-Right-Handed.product.100399160.html

My brother's getting more into the sport, here's s pretty decent set if anyone's looking. Not an all the way complete set and won't break the bank.

Also, since I don't want to spend $ right now I didn't look at the rest of the site.
ElCheAg
AG
Wouldn't know if it's a good deal for a beginner or not since I have no idea or seen those clubs before. Sorry; I know that is not much help.
t - cam
AG
That is a lot of money. Should be able to eBay something better than that or try rock bottom golf.
dcrewint
I know it's not the best set out there. It's just a "new" set that's not super expensive. Sure for a college guy it's expensive. RBG does probably have better stuff, but....you're buying from Costco on this one. So you could probably return it 2 years later if the game improves.

Just another option
Mr.Bond
AG
You can return clubs to Costco??
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

BigHitterDaLama
dcrewint said:

I know it's not the best set out there. It's just a "new" set that's not super expensive. Sure for a college guy it's expensive. RBG does probably have better stuff, but....you're buying from Costco on this one. So you could probably return it 2 years later if the game improves.

Just another option
Take serious issue with the fact that you admit an option is to buy these, use them for two years and then return them (because Costco has a flexible return policy). Extremely dishonest and just downright sad if true.
khaos288
AG
BigHitterDaLama said:

dcrewint said:

Just another option
Take serious issue with the fact that you admit an option is to buy these, use them for two years and then return them (because Costco has a flexible return policy). Extremely dishonest and just downright sad if true.

Yep. Big difference between "if the game improves" and "if there are any issues with the clubs"
dcrewint
Some people read way into things. Never did I say I would. I'm saying someone could. I purchased new irons 2.5 years ago or so. I'm not buying these, just laying it out there. I also don't know 100% if costco has that policy, just heard it from someone who is a member(not just clubs, but with everything).

I live in CS

I am not a costco member

I was just putting some options out there
BigHitterDaLama
dcrewint said:

Some people read way into things. Never did I say I would. I'm saying someone could. I purchased new irons 2.5 years ago or so. I'm not buying these, just laying it out there. I also don't know 100% if costco has that policy, just heard it from someone who is a member(not just clubs, but with everything).

I live in CS

I am not a costco member

I was just putting some options out there

Yeah it should not be an option for anyone with some sort of moral compass
Highway Man 94
AG
So where would you go to buy a new set of clubs in the San Antonio or Austin area?
jgh85Ag
AG
Edwin Watts has a 90 day return policy and they do free fittings. James is the manager. Good guy and there is no pressure.
GaryClare
AG
BigHitterDaLama said:

dcrewint said:

Just another option
Oh, it's fine! I do the same thing at Neiman's with my underwear after I've worn them for ten years.
powerbelly
AG
You could put together a much better set of used clubs for similar money.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.