Guess who this is

3,348 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cheeky
Seriously77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
REMARCH11 said:

Ok, so it your hitting 10-12 fairways but only 10-12 greens, and your hitting 250 off the tee.....you desperately need to work on your irons!!!

Unless your playing at 7K + you should be hitting 7-9 irons into greens. At 10-12 fairways and your misses "being not that bad " you should be playing close to par. Let me guess, your a low 80s player with the occasional round in the high 70s!!!!
You are correct, my weakness is my irons. I grooved a driver when I worn a younger man's clothes and it has held up pretty good over the years with minimum maintenance. The irons never excited me like a booming drive.
I do creep into the 80s, and maybe, more so than I want to admit but my handicap is still single which makes me better than most.

Golf kept me out of trouble when I was a teenager and it got me thru my divorce.

to the foul mouth poster who I should teach the word respect:
I have been playing the same CC for 20 yrs., up and down is not that difficult if you know how the ball breaks. I go to Dave's 3 day school every other year and his one day clinic at least once a year.
Forum Troll
AG
Averaging 10 to 12 greens per round would equate to low single digit.
khaos288
AG
Forum Troll said:

Averaging 10 to 12 greens per round would equate to low single digit.
10-12 GIR and doesn't 3 putt.

That's 6-8 holes scrambling for par.

75% of the time he gets up and down scrambling.

Just using averages that's 11 pars from GIRs and two putts. 5.25 more from scrambling. So that's 16 holes he hits par. Then two holes go so wrong that he usually shoots 80s? That or he's a bs-er.
Seriously77
I have a 6 handicap.

Enough about me.

The tip I gave concerns driving from offset tee boxes. A lovely tip that should work for those having issues.

khaos288
AG
Seriously77 said:

I have a 6 handicap.

Enough about me.

The tip I gave concerns driving from offset tee boxes. A lovely tip that should work for those having issues.

So where did you lie?

saying gamers don't 3 putt? (I guess you can technically avoid lying here, by admitting you're not a gamer)

saying you hit 10-12 GIRs?

or

saying you get up and down 75% of the time?
Seriously77

the other 25% of the time is not that good, obviously.

AggieDruggist89
AG
This thread is about open face at address!!!
Seriously77
AggieDruggist89 said:

I square up.

Wouldn't advise opening up at address especially under pressure.

Rainy day is computer play day!
khaos288
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

on that note: this picture seriously makes me feel better about my stance.

I generally thought my face was too open. Obviously, it works so I haven't changed it, but nice to see it's actually correct, instead of quirky. My miss is a deep draw as well, but that's when I have my shoulders off line compared to my feet/hips.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Seriously77 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

I square up.

Wouldn't advise opening up at address especially under pressure.

Rainy day is computer play day!

Nicklaus opened his face
AggieDruggist89
AG
khaos288 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

I generally thought my face was too open. Obviously, it works so I haven't changed it, but nice to see it's actually correct, instead of quirky. My miss is a deep draw as well, but that's when I have my shoulders off line compared to my feet/hips.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golfdigest.com/story/jimflick_0707/amp

I fight a hook. This set up has me hitting a tour fade...
khaos288
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

khaos288 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golfdigest.com/story/jimflick_0707/amp

I fight a hook. This set up has me hitting a tour fade...
Yep, this is almost exactly how my shots go down. I've tweaked my pre-shot to get into a more consistent position, but right now it's all working. if I want to hit that high draw, it's actually useful now instead of just a bad miss with water left haha.
jj9000
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Open face at address.

You must know what the target line is in this pic to be able to tell what kind of shot he's trying to hit.

If you look at the divot pattern and assume the target line is parallel to the divot pattern... his feet and hips would be set up closed...with an open face...and about to hit a draw.
Seriously77
Arms/hand look white, maybe too much sunlight?
cheeky
AG
100% not tiger. Maybe something Tiger wanted to emulate in his set up/swing. But Tiger isn't that shade, doesn't stand that narrow and upright, and never played those grips that I can recall. I have no idea who it is, but I know who it's not.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Stagecoach said:

100% not tiger. Maybe something Tiger wanted to emulate in his set up/swing. But Tiger isn't that shade, doesn't stand that narrow and upright, and never played those grips that I can recall. I have no idea who it is, but I know who it's not.

Really?

MookieBlaylock
MookieBlaylock
AG
Sorry not sorry
REMARCH11
AG
Yeah, your spot on here. All divots are finishing left which tells me he is coming outside in, but if his feet are closed to his line the yeah he's hitting a draw, if they are open, hes hitting a Khaos fade!!!
God,....I really hate the sips!
cheeky
AG
Yeah well I didn't watch the video, but that is one young, fare jungle cat.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.