Guess who this is

3,341 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cheeky
AggieDruggist89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Open face at address.

Icecream_Ag
S
You with a really old camera?
AggieDruggist89
AG
No.

It's a famous golfer
Icecream_Ag
S
Roy mcavoy
AggieDruggist89
AG
No.

The reason for this thread really is to discuss how open faced the set up is.

It's 4 iron BTW.
Icecream_Ag
S
I would seriously guess someone like Freddie that played the ball left to right. Although it looks like a really strong right hand so the open face may just be to fight the hook
MookieBlaylock
AG
Seriously77?
AggieDruggist89
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Seriously77?

Almost spilled coffee out of my mouth.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

I would seriously guess someone like Freddie that played the ball left to right. Although it looks like a really strong right hand so the open face may just be to fight the hook

I see a strong left but neutral right hand.
pb488
AG
Freddie don't wear gloves
Marauder Blue 6
AG
It's Tiger. Face is square. Stance is open.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Someone who doesn't care that the superintendent would rather have you take out parallel strips of turf vs a giant square
AggieDruggist89
AG
AggieDruggist89
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

It's Tiger. Face is square. Stance is open.

Winner
AggieDruggist89
AG
AggieDruggist89
AG
Here is a 3wd set up. I have rotated the picture to make his feet square. Hard to tell of square.

Seriously77
Slacks and polished black shoes, clean glove. I understand why people would think it is me, but you are wrong, it is not me.

Forearms along with stance look like a younger Jack.

AggieDruggist89
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Someone who doesn't care that the superintendent would rather have you take out parallel strips of turf vs a giant square

I never really given this a thought. I should quit making 4 x 4 bare spots and make strips. I get it...
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yep. Heals faster + much easier to keep level when it's grown over since the strips can be filled with sand and leveled with the existing ground. Next level care is to take a minute to fill the strips with sand yourself when you're done.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Phil?
AggieDruggist89
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Phil?

For real?
birdman
I actually thought it was Phil as well. Obviously, the video would be flipped to make him right handed.
Robert C. Christian
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Robert C. Christian said:

Phil?

For real?
Well, I've always thought he had a unique stance.
Seriously77
Speaking of alignment of the stance especially on tee boxes that intentionally have you facing trouble, try the following.

Picture an imaginary line from your ball to the target. Now shorten the imaginary line to extend about a foot from the ball and square up to that. The head of the club is at the 90 degree bend.

Use this tip and soon, you will be hitting more fairways like me.
HouAggie
AG
Not sure that face is open. All I can see is the top line of the club, which due to the head shape, could look open, I guess.
khaos288
AG
Seriously77 said:

Speaking of alignment of the stance especially on tee boxes that intentionally have you facing trouble, try the following.

Picture an imaginary line from your ball to the target. Now shorten the imaginary line to extend about a foot from the ball and square up to that. The head of the club is at the 90 degree bend.

Use this tip and soon, you will be hitting more fairways like me.

Can I PayPal you 5$ to leave?
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
I'm in for $5, as well.
Seriously77
That is a great tip for serious golfers. I know some in here are smart enough that a light came on when they read it.

Also,
I hit around 10-12 fairways per round and the couple I do miss are not bad. I can't remember the last time I hit a tee ball out of bounds. I will not apologize to a bunch of hackers for being good at golf.

Best take your $5 and invest in your family.
khaos288
AG
The problem is you give the most basic advice that every decent golfer already follows.

"Hey want to be like me and hit all the fairways? Aim down the middle and hit it straight!"

Thanks for the entertainment value I guess of either 1. You being truly outrageously pompous, or 2. You being such a bad troll that you think it's funny.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Seriously77 said:

That is a great tip for serious golfers. I know some in here are smart enough that a light came on when they read it.

Also,
I hit around 10-12 fairways per round and the couple I do miss are not bad. I can't remember the last time I hit a tee ball out of bounds. I will not apologize to a bunch of hackers for being good at golf.

You hit more Fairways because your swing speed is low and you dont impart that much side spin.

I bet your short game is probably your best part of the game. Unfortunately it starts with your drives.
Seriously77
khaos288 said:

The problem is you give the most basic advice that every decent golfer already follows.

"Hey want to be like me and hit all the fairways? Aim down the middle and away from trouble, then hit it straight!"

Thanks for the entertainment value I guess of either 1. You being truly outrageously pompous, or 2. You being such a bad troll that you think it's funny.
A lot of folks have issues with offset tee boxes.

and Swing thoughts for the better players change regularly over the season although one should never have more than 2 during a round. Cluttering the mind with many swing thoughts can cause issues when trying to execute a difficult shot.

I suggest you stick with the simple basics that work for you and stop trying to give your hard earned money away. $5 is the cost of a decent golf ball,
khaos288
AG
So what you're saying is...

Don't work on more than one thing at a time, and don't think too much while swinging?

Thanks hank Haney!

I'll keep my 5$ bc Either

1. You actually think giving the most best generic advice that everyone has heard 1000 times is helpful

Or

2. You're the worst troll ever

Either way. You've been worth 5$ of laughs already bud
Seriously77
AggieDruggist89 said:

Seriously77 said:

Also,

You hit more Fairways because your swing speed is low and you dont impart that much side spin.

I bet your short game is probably your best part of the game. Unfortunately it starts with your drives.
90% of all strokes lost to par are around the green. If you can get up and down, you have game. If you can avoid 3 putts, you have game.

When I analysis my round, I find I normally hit about 10-12 greens in regulation counting the par 3s.
When I miss, I find the ball within 20 yds. of the green. I get up and down about 75% of the time.

My drives are normally 250yds are better but rule of thumb 250. I swing about 90% on the driver.
My game since I was a kid leaves me in the fall and returns in the spring. Anyone can beat me during the off season. Summer, I am deadly.

Thinking of flying to Fla. during Dec break and attend Dave Pelz short game school, 3 days.

Wanta join me?
REMARCH11
AG
Ok, so it your hitting 10-12 fairways but only 10-12 greens, and your hitting 250 off the tee.....you desperately need to work on your irons!!!

Unless your playing at 7K + you should be hitting 7-9 irons into greens. At 10-12 fairways and your misses "being not that bad " you should be playing close to par. Let me guess, your a low 80s player with the occasional round in the high 70s!!!!
God,....I really hate the sips!
DannyDuberstein
AG
The best scrambler on tour gets up and down 66% of the time. The majority of the tour is below 60%. You should be teaching the Dave Pelz school instead of attending it. Unless of course, you are full of *****
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.