Tiger vs Phil Match = Empty Gallery

3,644 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tamu2009
champagnepapi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No tickets will be sold to this high profile event. It will just be the two golfers, cameras and sponsors.

I guess it would just turn into a total sh*t show if drunk Tiger fans in Vegas got together and burned that course down. I guess they had a taste at the Tour championship.

Nevertheless, thoughts?

INB4 "I'm not watching that event anyways!"
Old School Brother
they may not be selling tickets, but i would think there will be people out there.....it will just be MGM whales and their friends/family.
ORAggieFan
Yeah, pretty sure they said when announced it would be VIP guests and they will be allowed in fairways.
Aggie369
AG
Members at shadow dont want people there I'm sure
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Just a thought, if you've been to a PGA event, you can imagine how it might not make sense to sell tickets as though it's a regular tour stop.

Will only be two golfers on the course. Not as though you can post up and see groups on every hole. Entire gallery (whatever that will be) will be following the same "group."
Wildcat
AG
The whole thing just sounds stupid to me. It might have made sense 15 years ago, but now?

I guess both are just happy not to be playing some Euros.
jj9000
AG
I'm not watching that event anyways!
giddings_ag_06
AG
Yea, that's kind of how I feel about it too.
duck79
AG
I understand why they wouldn't have a gallery but don't also make it PPV. It's like they don't want this to be a large spectacle.
Tom Hagen
AG
I'll watch the free replay to to see a course I will never be able to play.
jonj101
Tom Hagen said:

If its Shadowcreek you can play there. It just costs around $550 I think to play it.

Last time I looked it up I read they would pick you up from the strip with a limo and all.
Old School Brother
the limo pickup and return is included in the price and it's the only way you can get on the property.
hunterjr81
I plan to watch it. I enjoy golf and I bet they make this match entertaining.
Tom Hagen
AG
jonj101 said:

Tom Hagen said:

If its Shadowcreek you can play there. It just costs around $550 I think to play it.

Last time I looked it up I read they would pick you up from the strip with a limo and all.
I would never pay $550 to play a round of golf (unless it was Augusta National).
DannyDuberstein
AG
Between a $25 PPV price tag for what is basically a silly season event + a full slate of Friday college football, this thing just seems like it's gonna be kind of failed. I guess you gotta ride the Tiger comeback wave. Only one matchup also sets it up for serious filler time. And let's not kid ourselves, it's not like the banter from Tiger is gonna be great. That's just not his style.
t - cam
AG
I'm excited about it. With the recent personality change of tiger I can't wait to see the interactions.
aginlakeway
AG
Tom Hagen said:

jonj101 said:

Tom Hagen said:

I would never pay $550 to play a round of golf (unless it was Augusta National).
Pebble Beach is worth it. And that's what it costs.
jonj101
t - cam said:

I'm excited about it. With the recent personality change of tiger I can't wait to see the interactions.

Personality change? Huh?
t - cam
AG
jonj101 said:

t - cam said:

Personality change? Huh?

Maybe not a personality change but he's been undoubtedly more open and a lot more likeable this year.
REMARCH11
AG
jj9000 said:

I'm not watching that event anyways!

Haha, yeah after the Ryder Cup performance,....I'm done.
God,....I really hate the sips!
jja79
AG
t - cam said:

jonj101 said:

t - cam said:

Personality change? Huh?

Maybe not a personality change but he's been undoubtedly more open and a lot more likeable this year.
This isn't a criticism of the man, just a comment. When he was on top of the world was there anyone less fan friendly and more dismissive of his fans than Tiger? Now that he's had to climb his way back up he's Mr. Nice Guy. I didn't understand the fan reaction this year. The guy basically thumbed his nose at the golf fans for years.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Personality change pretty much = tries not to be a complete ahole in tourney pressers anymore.
jja79
AG
South Florida vs. UCF
UVA vs. Virginia Tech
Oklahoma vs. West Virginia
Washington vs. Washington State

Quite a few other games including that traditional Thanksgiving rivalry Texas vs. Kansas that day.

I would think it's got to be people who only like golf and not football to get an audience.
JimInBCS
Just figured out this was PPV only. I might pay to watch the final round of a major or Ryder Cup, but it seems incredulous that anyone shells out cash to watch an essentially meaningless match.

What am I missing?
Old Tom Morris
Just not interested in paying for this. I'll be watching football and will catch the highlights later.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
My buddies and I are gonna have a watch party for it. Mainly just an excuse to get together and bbq and drink beer.
E
AG
t - cam said:

jonj101 said:

t - cam said:

Personality change? Huh?

Probably because he's back to bangin a bunch of ho's again. Make Tiger Great Again!
REMARCH11
AG
If they put up their own cash I would tune in, but since its sponsorship money......I'll pass. Will be rooting for Phil though!!
God,....I really hate the sips!
jackie childs
Tom Hagen said:

jonj101 said:

Tom Hagen said:

i don't know...there have been plenty of 4-hour stretches in Vegas when I've lost more than $550 and wished i'd played golf instead
CapCityAg89
AG
Tom Hagen said:

jonj101 said:

Tom Hagen said:

Brother. Add a zero to play Augusta. IF you know a member.
tamu2009
AG
I plan on streaming it on my ipad while i watch college football the rest of the afternoon.

It's only $20. Was going to play a round that morning, but a tweaked back is keeping me out this week, so I'm spending less and getting my golf fix for the day.

I'm a Tiger fan boy and I'm not ashamed about it. I'd pay $20 to pretty much watch him do anything. Roast me for it, I don't care!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.