West Fork in Conroe

1,029 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BigHitterDaLama
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
heading up there to meet a buddy this weekend and play it. How is it? pace of place? etc....never been there before
BigHitterDaLama
Bonds stomping grounds......sure he can give you some insight
Ag_07
AG
One of my favorites and a real hidden gem

Don't be fooled by the parking lot and 'clubhouse'. The course is always in great shape and the layout is awesome. Think of SFA on steroids. It's longer and a bit tougher, and in better shape.

Pace of play has never been in an issue and we've actually finished quick enough to play an emergency 9.

I haven't played since Harvey so please report back.
tlfw378
AG
Overall conditions are good, and in some of the best shape I have played in awhile. Not Woodforest good, but good. A few greens still have grass issues though.
Mr.Bond
AG
In good condition. Especially given that it's a public course. You'll be Surprised to see the amount of undulation as well. It almost backs up to my home course CCC. You'll enjoy it
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

AustinCountyAg
Just got done and the course was pretty neat. Back nine was very up and down and front nine reminded me a lot of gcoh. For the price the course is a fun to play and tough to score on IMO, at least today was with pin positions. However, course conditions were not what I expected. Crab grass everywhere and fairways were thick and very wet as well..... I will be back though to give it another try because the layout is neat. Enjoyed it overal although I played like dog *****
Mr.Bond
AG
Given the weather the last few weeks that's not surprising. It's rained. **** ton
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Poot
Interesting course that has been in terrible condition both times I've played it... but it's been a year or so since I've been there.

Sounds like your experience was about like mine have been.

Sidenote... this is one of the only courses that I've ever struggled to find the 1st tee... hahahah.
BigHitterDaLama
Mr.Bond said:

Given the weather the last few weeks that's not surprising. It's rained. **** ton

Dont complain
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.