Taylor Made Tour Issue

1,182 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jj9000
AggieDruggist89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of my buddies always sought TM tour issue heads. Not necessarily TP. I used to just chuckle.

On a different note, my misses are to the left and I hook.

Over the weekend he gave me a Tour issue RBZ that is 192 grams, 9.6 deg loft and 2.5 degree open faced driver.

OMG HOLY SHEETTTT

compared to my SLDR, I gained an enormous amount of distance on both flight and roll.

I am going to get on skytrak and do some comparison this weekend. One thing is certain RBZ head is more than 15 grams lighter so I do know I gained speed. But the ball pops off the face differently. I do know the COR is conforming but it just feels different.

Any yall have an experience with TM tour issue?
jj9000
AG
A couple of things are going on here.

The SLDR you're using is one of the least forgiving Drivers of the last decade.

I remember the SLDR release well, as I tested and reviewed the driver with TM prior to the official launch, and prior to TM publicizing the "Loft Up" campaign".

The SLDR is designed with an extreme front and low Center of Gravity (with extremely low MOI), which results in lower launch, significantly lower spin, and almost no forgiveness on off-center hits. If you don't have the swing speed for the SLDR, you're likely not getting the benefits you would from a more backweighted driver.

At the time, guys with lower 90s Driver swing speed were hitting low flying burners, and couldn't figure out why their old Drivers were outperforming their shiny new $500 SLDR. So, the pre-owned racks at GolfSmith and PGA SS were packed with 9.5* SLDRs that guys returned on their 90% / 90 Day Playability Program.

Enter the "Loft Up" campaign...or...17*/1700 (17* launch with 1,700 RPM spin). It was an interesting way for TM to try to get more carry out of these SLDRs, while still taking advantage of the ultra-low spin characteristics. The problem was that Average Joe golfer wasn't going to spend $500 for a 12* Driver that they'd catch hell from their foursome for playing.

Anyway, if you like the open-face of the Tour Issue Driver b/c your miss is a hook, and you want a cheap experiment, take a look at the TM Aeroburner TP, or the TM Burner SuperFast 2.0 TP. The faces on those are anywhere from 2*-4* open at address.

Hope this helps.
AggieDruggist89
AG
I like the way you think. I actually ordered a super fast 2.0 TP last week. Its arriving today and yes, I love the open face on all clubs. It just looks right for me.

Yes I am aware of the Loft Up campaign but that just made my drives balloon and land with no roll.

And it was puzzling and my buddies always wondered why with my higher clubhead speed (100 to 108) they were routinely out driving me. Well not no more.

I was in denial that SLDR was the right head for me.

But I do love my Speeder Motore VC 7.2.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Unfortunately now... my SLDR 3 wd that is currently in a time out (caused a hookenfxxker OB and a triple) will have to be replaced. Will be looking for a tour issue 3 metal of some sort.

What do you recommend?
jj9000
AG
It really depends on what your trying to accomplish, and your preferences.

IMO...3-wood is the second most 'personal' club in the bag, behind the putter.

Ask 10 guys what the best 3-wood is, and you'll likely get 10 different answers, based on their personal favorite.

Easiest to hit - PING G30 / G / G400 (really shallow face and launches high)
Most distance - M2 Tour / Cally Epic / XR Pro / 5 or 6 older models of Tour Edge Exotics (CB3/CB4/CB5...etc)

I suggest hitting a bunch of them before you buy anything.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Well, I have my custom 42.5 inch Motore shaft with TM sleeve so it will have to be a TM head with an open face. Kinda hard to find those heads to try out.
jj9000
AG
Then look to a (RBZ Stage 2 ------> M3) TM 3HL 3 wood.

The TM 3HL is essentially a 4 wood that you crank the loft down 1.5" per click...and open the face at the same time.

So, the 16.5* 3HL cranked down one click to the "lower" setting...just turned into a 15* 3-wood...with a 1.5* open face.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.