Impulse Irons Purchase?

1,449 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by khaos288
cadetjay02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been playing a set of Snake Eyes irons I built myself since 2003. I play sporadically and shoot in the upper 80's. Iron play is a strength and I hit mine pretty far, 7 iron 180-185 carry. There's a clearance set of TaylorMade Rocket Bladez at Dicks for $299 that looks like a decent buy for my frugality. Should I do it or hold out indefinitely for something else?
champagnepapi
I would wait until you are ready to customize another set for yourself. You will appreciate them and play better with a more advanced Version of what you are currently playing. You can take advantage of the technology improvements in clubs these days. I would wait and invest in another custom set.
BigHitterDaLama
cadetjay02 said:

I've been playing a set of Snake Eyes irons I built myself since 2003. I play sporadically and shoot in the upper 80's. Iron play is a strength and I hit mine pretty far, 7 iron 180-185 carry. There's a clearance set of TaylorMade Rocket Bladez at Dicks for $299 that looks like a decent buy for my frugality. Should I do it or hold out indefinitely for something else?
Surprise you aren't Tour Sponsored yet with that 7 iron carry.
cadetjay02
AG
For sponsor dollars they want you to put it near the fairway off the tee and make putts when you get on the green. Playing a half dozen times a year is prohibitive in achieving those things. Windy days destroy my high ball flight too.
Aggie95
AG
he said he made the set himself...7-iron probably has a 21 degree loft
'03ag
Which snake eyes? I play a 600 combo set. Love them
BigHitterDaLama
Aggie95 said:

he said he made the set himself...7-iron probably has a 21 degree loft
LOL .....That was the 2nd thing I was thinking.
AgfromHOU
AG
I have the Rocketbladez and love them!
jj9000
AG
Buy them.

Then...sell them.
cadetjay02
AG
They're the Snake Eyes TC 01 2-PW. By building them, I bought the heads and shafts and epoxied them together. I'm not smart enough and was too poor in college to get custom fit.

And yes, I still like my 2 iron and can hit it fine. I'm not opposed to trying some hybrids eventually.
khaos288
AG
You're telling me these guys don't just buy good deals they see...bc what if they're awesome?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.