Extremely Average Humble Brag

1,443 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Rubble
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Finally got out and played a round yesterday for the first time in about two months. Usually shoot in the upper 80's (13 handicap). Two twin babies make it tough to play much anymore, much less even take any swings at home into the practice net.

Played Legendary Oaks and shot an 81. Best round overall in probably over a year. 28 total putts, and zero 3 putts. nothing but par's and bog's.....I made several one putt bogey saves that were huge after duffing tee shots where normally double or triples would've come in play. My putting and short game kept me in it all day, which is pretty surprising considering short game usually suffers when not playing much.

I am going to enjoy this round because I am sure I will be three putt king next time out.

I played conservative off the tee and kept basically everything in play. Showed me how the old guys are on to something....
AggieDruggist89
AG
Well done!
schwabbin
AG
Congrats. Amazing what avoiding three putts can do.
Yesterday
AG
Nice! Move to a golf course home. Baby number three is on the way for me and being able to run to the range and back to the house in 30 minutes is huge!

Rubble
AG
I hear you on the twin thing. Mine are 18 months old now, but there isn't much time for golf. I played twice in June (at Pebble and Spyglass I might add), and twice in July during a family reunion. Haven't really swung a club since.

I feel like when I take a break for a while, my first round back is always really good, then it goes downhill. I played two days before Pebble here in Lantana and shot 80 with a 3 putt bogey on 17. Went to Pebble and shot 97. Nerves maybe or just overthinking everything just got the best of me.

Don't know how old your twins are, but I will tell you they're going to take up a lot of time for the next few years.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.