TPC Harding Park

823 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by WhoopN06
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holy cow what a track!

Played it today while in San Fran for work. Lots of history for a public course. Its hosted several PGA Tour events and will host the 2020 PGA. Its across the lake from the Olympic Club. Man, driving by Olympic and seeing it from a distance makes me think it could be the most awesome layout in America. It just looks awesome.

Back to TPC HP. Loved it. Played the blue tees at 6845 and walked back to the the pro tees when I could. This course is going to be a monster. No water to speak of and the greens were pretty bland. The rough was BRUTAL. If you were out of position off the tee the trees will wreck your day.

We played the back first and I shot a 42. Had I known what was out in front of me I would have played a few holes differently. 18 is going to be awesome. From the blue tees I took a Tiger line and melted my drive. Afterward I walked back to the new tee box for the PGA and it was a good 80 yards back there.

Nothing came cheap on the front and I finished bogie bogie for a 39. I had 2 3 putts on both par 5s. Coming up 9, our 18, the fog rolled in. My ranger finder could only read 5 yards. It was pretty cool and I hope we see that in 2020.

The biggest take away is that this is an awesome track that I think will give us a great PGA.

If you are in the Bay area check it out!
aftershock
I played the 9 hole par 3 course back in 2015, right before they hosted Cadillac WGC there. I wish I had had the time to play the actual course because it was in near perfect shape, and it looked awesome. Didn't realize the PGA was going to be there. Should be fun to watch.
Rubble
AG
2025 Presidents Cup is there as well.
LHIOB
AG
LantanaAg said:

2025 Presidents Cup is there as well.

That will be fun. There are a few short par 4s and gettable par 5s.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Buddy played a NCGA tourny there this summer and shot 70, 71. I haven't played there yet. Is it Cal's home course? Maybe not.
WhoopN06
Looks like no. They have a few other "decent" options though.

https://calbears.com/sports/2007/2/13/207761103.aspx
AggieDruggist89
AG
Well hell...we are headed to Poppy Ridge in Livermore this Sunday for 27 holes for $60.

Been playing quality Northern Cal courses for $20 to $40 all summer.
WhoopN06
I had been curious where the Cal golf team played a while back. I forgot to look but you reminded me. A lot of phenomenal golf courses in Norcal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.