New club report! TM UDI 2 iron

1,568 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 1990AG
rononeill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For whatever reason , I'm far more dependable off the tee w a 3i vs a hybrid or 3w when trying to be "smart". Not sure if it's psychology or physiology, but I am much more consistent with squaring the face at contact with irons than woods. I demod the 2i a few times and finally ordered it. I've still got some tuning to do, but the natural flight for me with this club is a draw- which is exactly what Im looking for. For whatever reason w the larger headed clubs i find it takes a lot of intention to straighten or draw the ball. I'll need a lot more work at the range to get confidence with this off the turf, but in the meantime, I'm digging a dependable 225 draw off the tee. I Highly recommend this club if your game is identical to mine (fwiw, I'm a 14).
khaos288
AG
Driving irons are all the rage right now.

Most people I know have one or have tried one at least. I've got one in my bag. 21 degrees and LONG off the tee.
Mr.Bond
AG
Had a driving iron for a week. Named it shankapotamus and sold it
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

1990AG
AG
Got this coming in Tuesday...will let you know....

Item No: custom
Qty: 1
Club: custom
Model: P790 UDI
Hand: RH
Shaft Material: GR
Loft: 2
Lie Adjustment: 1.0 Deg UP
Loft Adjustment: Standard
Shaft Vendor: UST
Shaft Model: Recoil 780 SmacWrap
Shaft Flex: S
Tipping Adjustment: Standard
Length Adjustment: Standard
Grip Vendor: GolfPride
Grip Model: Tour Wrap 2G Black
Grip Wraps: Standard
Grip Logo: Up

$116.10

jgh85Ag
AG
How is Jj hitting it?
rononeill
$117?! I got mine for $212 all in- you must know someone?
1990AG
AG
Son is sponsored by TM
07fta07
AG
Dumped my hybrid a couple months ago for the Mizuno Fli Hi 3 iron. No chance I'll ever go back to a hybrid.
khaos288
AG
this shaft is notorious for playing WAY below advertised stiffness. If you get this club, and are disappointed in it, try a different shaft.
1990AG
AG
Thanks for that, my fitter and I worked this one out over the phone, so I got it on his rec. If it doesn't work out, he can move me into a different option.

Leaving Wednesday to play TPC Southwind and should have it Tuesday, so looking forward to trying it out!
AustinCountyAg
I am in this same boat right now. Several years ago when I strted to focus more on lowering my handicap I got rid of the 4i and went with a 4h and 3h set up. I've been able to drop by index down to about a 12, but in the process I fight a terrible hook with my hybrids. Not sure if it is the draw bias to them or what but it is starting to get annoying and I am toying with the idea of getting a driving iron or at least dumping the hybrids and getting a 4i and 3i to compliment for iron set up....I orginally dumped the 4i in my bag because I used to struggle hitting the longer irons, but the past season or two I have been pretty solid hitting 5i....main thing holding me back is $$$. With two babies at home I am lucky to play one or two rounds a month, with hardly any range time. I am scared my game is going to go back to crap so I feel like I may want to hold on to the hybrids? **** golf
1990AG
AG
Played TPC Southwind and Germantown CC this week with the new UDI.

sad to say....not in love with it. Starts with...it's almost as long as my 3 wood making it a lot harder to hit than my 4 iron....It's a good looking club and everyone wanted to come over and hit it, but overall, I don't think it will replace my 2 hybrid

It'll get some more time, unless my son steals it this weekend, but so far, not a fan....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.