Anyone hit the Titleist TS2 yet?

3,214 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by evestor1
ChoppinDs40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got fitted today and ended up going with the TS2. Added 35 yards on drives and WAY outperformed the G400 and Rogue for me.

Got ball speeds of 153 and spin rates of 1600-2400
Mr.Bond
AG
You got a distance gain of 35 yards in the TS2 over your G400? Or were you hitting a persimmon before........? I'm seriously not trying to be a jackass here but what were the shafts and numbers on each club?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

ChoppinDs40
AG
No, I hit a Ping G10. Stiff stock shaft.

It did outperform the rogue and g400 for me, quite a bit. Configured at 10.5 at the B2 setting with the 65g Project X evenflow shaft. (Fitted by my Golftec coach).

Tried multiple setups on the G400 (regular and max) and couldn't get the spin rate down.

Rogue had low spin rates but any mi****s (mine are usually off the heel) would be BAD.

With the TS2 I was getting really low spin rates and mi****s were still carrying 245 and rolling out 265.

I'm a 15HDCP so I still need something forgiving. Mashed it quite a few times and got it out over 300. Never done that before - felt my wallet burning a hole in my pocket immediately.
khaos288
AG
What shaft offerings did they have for the other drivers?

ChoppinDs40
AG
khaos288 said:

What shaft offerings did they have for the other drivers?

Don't remember. Hit probably 3-4 shafts and different lie adjustments for about 2 hours over 2 different sessions.

Since he's also my swing coach and has been for about 6 months (just signed up for another year), we can always put another one in but the immediate improvement over my gamer can potentially be a gamechanger for me.

I don't hit a ton of greens, maybe 4 per round and this should definitely improve my chances on those long par4s and 5s
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
i had my 3 wood and driver re-shafted and the grips weren't delivered in time so they gave me a 917 as a loaner to use in a round i had set up with some customers. absolutely crushed that thing the entire round and now i look at my taylormade with disdain.
cmk10
AG
AggieFanatic09 said:

Got fitted today and ended up going with the TS2. Added 35 yards on drives and WAY outperformed the G400 and Rogue for me.

I cant wait to try it out. How much is it going to end up costing you with the configuration you are going with?
jj9000
AG
Mr.Bond said:

You got a distance gain of 35 yards in the TS2 over your G400? Or were you hitting a persimmon before........? I'm seriously not trying to be a jackass here but what were the shafts and numbers on each club?
I'm with you here.

.830 COR = .830 COR. There's really no getting around it.

Meaning that unless there is a massive shaft or spin rate change differentiator...these Drivers should be relatively similar (numbers wise).

I've heard the same thing about the G400 LST blowing everything else out of the water.

The G400 LST may account for 400 - 500 RPM in spin...and paired with the right shaft...with the right swing characteristics...someone may gain 20 yards over Driver X that doesn't fit their swing well.

Part of the reason I still have a G LST that sounds like a tin can in the bag.
ChoppinDs40
AG
cmk10 said:

AggieFanatic09 said:

I cant wait to try it out. How much is it going to end up costing you with the configuration you are going with?
$540 with tax (price of the new driver). Titleist is actually putting some decent shafts on their stock configurations these days.

My fitter doesn't like the ones Taylormade and Callaway put on there so I likely saved myself $2-3 bills by going with the stock Project X.

Yeah yeah, I know some will say he was just trying to sell me a driver. If the performance is there, the performance is there. As I'll be in lessons for the next year (outdoor and playing included), we'll both be dialed in on my game. If we need to put a new shaft in, we will - but adding 30-40 yards next week should change my game.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Zen master says: "we'll see."
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
AggieFanatic09 said:

Where was this and with whom?
AG
What's the difference between the TS 2 and 3 and how did you do hitting the 3?
98Ag99Grad
AG
Quote:

Titleist is actually putting some decent shafts on their stock configurations these days.
Yep, read they're the real deal, not the "made for" brand.
Oknows
AG
Seriously, I would like to get fit for one of these just to see what the T1100 White and HZRDUS Smoke are all about.
evestor1
I'm 90% pulling trigger on a TS3 next week. Anyone have new opinions that should be heard before I do?
aggiedent
AG
I still like that experiments Rick Shiels videoed and put on YouTube. One where he hit a decade worth of drivers from various brands. One where he stuck different shafts and flexes in the same driver head. And of course, the brand to brand comparison tests.

In each test, the difference in distances varied less than 10 yards. Combine that with the technical limits placed on clubs and there is no chance a new generation driver is going to hit the ball 35 yards further. Not in robotic testing. Not if you are hitting the sweet spot on each club.

It might be that the visuals and feel are helping you find the sweet spot better with that club.
tamu2009
AG
I just picked up my TS2 yesterday with the 60 gram smoke in a 6.5 flex. Coming from a G30 my spin numbers were WAY down.

Definitely feel more confident standing over it. No more ballooning balls. Can't wait to get it on the course.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Have my first Titleist Thursday fitting tomorrow

Went with irons and hybrids for round 1. After reading this thread maybe wishing I had picked driver.
AG
i've played 4 rounds with it thus far and driving has been really good. It could just be my game improving but I'm standing over the ball with confidence that i'm going to, relatively, crush it.

Love the solid black club head and relatively quiet sound on impact. In the end, the fitting is probably more important than the club as well as few lessons with the driver (not striking down like with irons, standing further away, etc.). It's cut to length for me, staff is fit for my modest 110mph swing speed.

Works for me and worth the $500 (Retail price).
evestor1
As of Tuesday I am a proud TS3 owner

8.5, x shaft, d4 setting

I have never seen results like this. My drives are like watching Brandon Mann punt. I would have paid 1000 for this thing.

Weird note - on A-1 I was getting 230 carry. On d-4 I am getting 270+ carry.
tamu2009
AG
I went back and got a TS2 3 and 5 wood. Can't wait to get them on the course.

Went with the Smoke in the 3 wood to match the driver to keep the launch and spin fairly low. And the Tinsei in the 5 wood to get it higher and spin more for that long approach shot of 205-220
07fta07
AG
I hit the 3 wood yesterday. Hated it. Ended up with the G400 with a Mitsubishi BF 70X shaft. Consistent ball speed in 160-163 range. Can't wait to get it in and on the course.

It blew away the Rogue, Titleist, and M4 in launch, ball speed, and shot dispersion.
Trinity Ag
S
AggieFanatic09 said:

i've played 4 rounds with it thus far and driving has been really good. It could just be my game improving but I'm standing over the ball with confidence that i'm going to, relatively, crush it.

Love the solid black club head and relatively quiet sound on impact. In the end, the fitting is probably more important than the club as well as few lessons with the driver (not striking down like with irons, standing further away, etc.). It's cut to length for me, staff is fit for my modest 110mph swing speed.

Works for me and worth the $500 (Retail price).
No modesty there....
evestor1
Update - I love hitting the club so much I may have torn something in my shoulder. It was going so straight that I kept swinging harder.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.