SuperSpeed Golf

1,808 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Duckhook
AggieDruggist89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone use it?

https://superspeedgolf.com
jj9000
AG
I have the SSG sticks and a radar.

I went through about 12 weeks of it during the offseason.

Yes, it absolutely works. I highly recommend.

There's a giant thread on WRX about it.

antman8504
AG
I just ordered a used set and a swing radar from ebay. Tracking says it all arrives this afternoon. I have been on trackman/flightscope before and my current swing tops out around 105 with average swings around 102. On the course without any help (wind, cart path, downhill) I hit my driver about 270 total distance.

Goal is to gain about 5-7 mph. I will report back in a month to 6 weeks with a progress report.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Awesome, I've been using it since last week.

Question is, what if I do more reps than recommended?
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
I need something. Ive lost 40 yds off my driver in 15 yrs. From ~ 260/270 to 220-225. Only equipment change was to less stiff shafts. And 15 yrs (from 41 to 56)
AG
I got them from a friend who bought them and wasn't using them. I don't have any Trackman numbers, but anecdotally I will say it has helped me. I can definitely see that I'm hitting a lot of second shots from closer in than before I started using the Sticks.
jj9000
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Awesome, I've been using it since last week.

Question is, what if I do more reps than recommended?
I wouldn't recommend it.

Follow the Protocols SSG has posted on their website closely (3x per week).

...and most importantly STRETCH prior to swinging all-out.

I've been in contact with several folks who decided not to stretch prior, and they ended up injuring themselves.

Edit...Tyler Parsons' YouTube Channel is a great watch when you're just starting out. The dude goes ALL-OUT...which is the point of SSG. Swing the sticks as fast as you can and train your body to understand how to go fast. It will carry over to each club throughout the bag. I was mid-90s on Trackman with my 6-iron earlier this year.

Here is Tyler Parsons' Intro Protocol:

DannyDuberstein
AG
Being in my mid-40s, this thing looks like a good way to hurt myself.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

AggieDruggist89
AG
This works. I do have a swing speed radar and Skytrak. My swing speed is inching up and the exercise has taught me to swing faster and not harder throughout the round. My driver swing speed averages 95 to 105 mph on the range and around 98 to 101 while playing as sometimes I measure.

More of my swing speed is over 100 mph now.

Goal is to increase my range to 100 to 110 and average 105mph.

Only 10 days into it.
jj9000
AG
Something to keep in mind.

You will plateau, and it usually happens after about 1.5 - 2 months. You'll hit the wall, and your speeds will be +/- 5 MPH day after day. Then, you body will adjust, and one day you'll see new personal records. Then, you'll stay in the new range for a while before you plateau again.

I got really frustrated after about 8 weeks in, I talked to the guys at SSG, and they said everyone goes through the same plateaus.

But you're 100% correct...the program works if you put in the time and effort.

AggieDruggist89
AG
I have access to PED.

I kid you not.

No I won't touch it. Yet.
Duckhook
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Just swing as hard as you feel comfortable swinging. I've used them, and I'm older than you and I've got the same concern. I think they've helped me. Just have to be smart about it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.