Clubs Left on Course Not Turned In

3,989 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cheeky
DoubleE65
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Earlier this spring I left a Vokey 56 next to a green during a member-guest I was playing in with a friend, never turned in.

Two weeks ago I left my AP1 PW on a tee box at my home course during our normal Friday skins game and never realized until post round. Again, hasn't been turned in. FACK!

I know it''s my fault but still... have you ever not turned in a club you found?
Aggie95
AG
yes...a couple of wedges
DoubleE65
AG
Haha.. I get the 56 I guess but a PW from an iron set? Especially at my home club.. not cool
khaos288
AG
never had a club actually turned in
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Can't recall ever leaving one. Have turned a few in.
ORAggieFan
Haven't left one since I was a kid. I do find them, always turn in or find the group ahead that left it.

My current strategy is, if I only grab my putter, I leave the putter cover in the bag. If I need another club, I don't take it off until I putt. Then, when I get to my bag, if I don't have my putter cover, it's with the club I left.
bdgol07
AG
I wrap the putter cover around the wedges that I take with me to the green so I don't forget them and don't take the cover off until I need the putter.

I'm not good enough to get truly mad and throw a club so this method hasn't failed me yet since my clubs are typically close to me
DannyDuberstein
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Haven't left one since I was a kid. I do find them, always turn in or find the group ahead that left it.

My current strategy is, if I only grab my putter, I leave the putter cover in the bag. If I need another club, I don't take it off until I putt. Then, when I get to my bag, if I don't have my putter cover, it's with the club I left.
This is exactly my strategy as well. Dropping the clubs strategically where you'll walk past them on the way back is a good but not foolproof, but leaving the putter cover with them is a great backup reminder.

I've never kept a found club. I don't go driving ahead to search for its owner during the round, but if someone comes back looking for it, I obviously give it to them. And if no one comes back for it, I turn it in to the clubhouse/cart barn. I do the same with head covers too.
bagger05
AG
Put your name and phone number on all your clubs. Sure a lot of the time they're stolen, but I think sometimes people grab them and forget they have them and once they're home they don't want to mess with it.

I remember a Golf Digest story where they left new wedges on the course and there was a huge difference between the labeled ones and the non-labeled.
jgh85Ag
AG
I have covers for my irons. I leave the cover on the cart seat.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I would imagine people forgetting and then not wanting to bother with it is every bit as common as intentionally keeping. And then even when turned in, many times it's to some 16 year old kid spraying down carts at $7/hr, who may decide he could use a Vokey wedge.
sellthefarm
AG
I've starting dropping my glove on the ground next to any wedges I brought to the green, that way the farthest I can get without realizing I left it is the next teebox. It's saved me 10 times already.
champagnepapi
If I find a club, I usually leave one at an equal or lesser value where I found it.
clintaggie04
AG
I always lay my wedge on the flagstick.
jgh85Ag
AG
In 1995 that was a $150 club...
BTD
bagger05 said:

Put your name and phone number on all your clubs. Sure a lot of the time they're stolen, but I think sometimes people grab them and forget they have them and once they're home they don't want to mess with it.

I remember a Golf Digest story where they left new wedges on the course and there was a huge difference between the labeled ones and the non-labeled.

Yep, I bought labels from pin high. Think it cost ten bucks and gives good piece of mind. And black permanent marker on my range finder...
14TheRoad
AG
I've picked up a couple through the years and either turned them in or gave them back during the round once the person realized they forgot them.

After losing a putter head cover and it never showing up at the lost and found (at my club no less) I lost a little faith in humanity and realized that I may be surrounded by people that need a little extra motivation to be honest.

Since it's next to impossible to tell my Vokey wedges from the next guys I decided I would stamp alll my wedges from then on. I bought a set of metal stamps from harbor freight and some paint pens from michaels. Currently gaming a "RAMINATOR", "BIRDYSZN", "CHIRP EM", and have retired "HOT BALLS", "FAT TITTIES" and "FLIPPY FLOPPY". All filled with bright green paint fill. Figured if I lost one it would be really easy to identify the ahole deserving an ass chewing.
Yesterday
AG
I've had my range finder turned in about 6 different times. Can't lose that damn thing.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
jgh85Ag said:

I have covers for my irons. I leave the cover on the cart seat.
Yeah, but you can't tell the difference between your 9 and 6.

I've turned in everything I've found. It's karma. I turned in a really nice umbrella one time and when it was still unclaimed a month later I asked if I could have it and the guy gave it to me. Never figured out how someone can lose an umbrella.
07fta07
AG
Always take my towel with me to the green and lay clubs on it. I never forget to get my towel because I take it on every green whether I have 1 club or 3.
Rubble
AG
I don't have to take anything but a putter to the green...
CapCity12thMan
AG
All you people who put your name and phone number on your clubs are probably the same people that tape your business card to your laptop.

bagger05
AG
Eminus6 said:

I've picked up a couple through the years and either turned them in or gave them back during the round once the person realized they forgot them.

After losing a putter head cover and it never showing up at the lost and found (at my club no less) I lost a little faith in humanity and realized that I may be surrounded by people that need a little extra motivation to be honest.

Since it's next to impossible to tell my Vokey wedges from the next guys I decided I would stamp alll my wedges from then on. I bought a set of metal stamps from harbor freight and some paint pens from michaels. Currently gaming a "RAMINATOR", "BIRDYSZN", "CHIRP EM", and have retired "HOT BALLS", "FAT TITTIES" and "FLIPPY FLOPPY". All filled with bright green paint fill. Figured if I lost one it would be really easy to identify the ahole deserving an ass chewing.

Rule #1
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
03ki11erAG said:

I've had my range finder turned in about 6 different times. Can't lose that damn thing.

Saturday at Traditions we had an orphan range finder and a driver the group ahead of us left behind just on front 9. (Back 9 rained out). One on #3 and other on 6

I know my day is coming so I'm not talking trash
CapCity12thMan said:

All you people who put your name and phone number on your clubs are probably the same people that tape your business card to your laptop.

Wicked burn bro
LHIOB
AG
My dad used to ask me how many clubs I had in my bag a few times a round. Sometimes he would steal a club and catch me not counting. It was annoying as an 8 or 9 year old but I check my bag every hole or 2 now.

Im sure he also did the same for Aggie369
14TheRoad
AG
bagger05 said:

Eminus6 said:

Rule #1

Some of the old vokeys are a little rusty/faded and swapped for newer Mizuno T7s, but you get the idea.

LHIOB
AG
Heres a slightly funny lost club story...

We are out at Bandon Dunes in 2014. We come off of 18 on the Trails and there is a caddy standing behind the green with his arms crossed. We all finish and shake hands. As we are walking off the back of the green he says "anyone find a driver?" Nope, sorry...

HOW IN THE HELL DOES A CADDY LOSE A DRIVER?! I can see a wedge thats left or a headcover but a DRIVER?

That still blows my mind
stick93
AG
I drink on the course but I think some of you guys have problems!
cevans_40
AG
I just always throw my clubs in the direction of the cart. Makes me walk right past them on the way back to the cart.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Haha. TexMid, what do you do when you find a club that's been left behind??!!
Texmid
AG
Na Zdrav 87 said:

Haha. TexMid, what do you do when you find a club that's been left behind??!!
Some things are better left unsaid. They are always returned to the rightful owner, though.
DoubleE65
AG
I'll be damned if my PW didn't get turned in yesterday after a couple weeks. Which one of you was it?!
jackie childs
i don't think i've left a single club on a course since i switched to a golf bag with individual club dividers.
champagnepapi
DoubleE65 said:

I'll be damned if my PW didn't get turned in yesterday after a couple weeks. Which one of you was it?!

Was it the PW with all the Baylor colors?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.