Steve Williams on Brooks Koepka...

1,140 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
CapCity12thMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
from 2015:
Quote:

"ONCE IN A GREAT WHILE, a player comes along who hits a golf ball the way it was meant to be hit. Powerful, piercing, the perfect trajectory. Of the young players out there, one I've seen has that special ball flight: Brooks Koepka. Adam and I were paired with him at the Open Championship last year, and from his first tee shot on, I thought, This kid is special. Obviously he's searching to find the other parts of the puzzle, but I haven't seen a ball flight like that since Tiger, and before that, Johnny Miller."

Williams has just fascinated me ever since he left/separated with Tiger. Shortly after getting Scott to win his first Major. Just a real interesting person. Then people dig up nuggets like this quote above. I always thought his article was interesting too: https://www.golfdigest.com/story/my-shot-steve-williams

Bud Fox
Great find!
CapCity12thMan
AG
...and of course full circle, come to find out that quote came from this article.

DannyDuberstein
AG
I went to the 2017 Masters Monday practice round (humble brag), and he, DJ, and Woodland played together. Spent a decent chunk of time following them in order to see more golf balls mercilessly mashed at one time than I've ever seen before. By that time, he'd started to make some noise in majors, but i had no idea what was ahead in short order.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.