Bag theft

1,713 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 1990AG
jgh85Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Luckily, not mine, but played with a guy Saturday that had his clubs stolen at the bag drop at The Quarry in San Antonio last month. They got video of the theft but no ID.

Pretty surprising for a club like the Quarry.
agsalaska
AG
jgh85Ag said:

Happened to me at Colonial.
champagnepapi
Check Craigslist or TexAgs for clubs
JTatter88
when caught you should be allowed to hit the perp with every club in the bag
Arthur Stilwell
I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Nobody would think twice about seeing someone taking a bag from the bag stand.
_lefraud_
AG
JTatter88 said:

when caught you should be allowed to hit the perp with every club in the bag

If I wanted to hit a guy with a shank, I'd use a shank and not a golf club.
khaos288
AG
There has been a string in DFW lately. Lake park got hit and I heard them talking about it and the cops said every golf course in the area had a similar job run on them.
jj9000
AG
champagnepapi said:

Check Craigslist or TexAgs for clubs
aggiedent
AG
I stopped using bag drops long ago. Private, public, expensive, or inexpensive.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
After a couple of my rounds lately, I might welcome theft.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I've always been pretty paranoid about this, partly because my dad learned the game playing some shady golf courses like Tenison Park where thievery wasn't unusual (and at times, included the occasional stick-up) . So along with teaching me the game and teaching me golf etiquette, he taught me some anti-thievery tactics. But like anything, you can reduce your risk, but you can't eliminate it unless you're willing to haul that bag inside with you.

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
The bag drop is usually out front or near the parking lot, I always just carry mine away from there to right out front of the clubhouse. I don't play at places snooty enough to care if you carry your own bag
Quinn
AG
What are your anti thievery tactics?
Philip J Fry
AG
https://texags.com/forums/60/topics/2954858
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Never drop your bag off w/out taking your eyes off of it.
BEaggie08
AG
jgh85Ag said:

Not really.

There is a history of theft from The Quarry parking lot. A good friend's truck was stolen during a round there several years ago, and I've heard of other thefts and car break-ins there over the years since.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
jgh85Ag said:

well, it is in san antonio, so...
Goose
AG
BEaggie08 said:

jgh85Ag said:

Not really.

There is a history of theft from The Quarry parking lot. A good friend's truck was stolen during a round there several years ago, and I've heard of other thefts and car break-ins there over the years since.
Golf course parking lots everywhere are notorious for vehicle thefts and burglaries. Thieves will watch for someone to park and eventually tee off, knowing that they have at least a 90 minute head start (more likely 3+ hours) before anyone even knows the vehicle has been stolen or broken into. Movie theaters are the same way.
JTatter88
Goose said:

BEaggie08 said:

jgh85Ag said:

Not really.

Golf course parking lots everywhere are notorious for vehicle thefts and burglaries. Thieves will watch for someone to park and eventually tee off, knowing that they have at least a 90 minute head start (more likely 3+ hours) before anyone even knows the vehicle has been stolen or broken into. Movie theaters are the same way.
joke's on him after I shank my first tee shot; break my driver over my knee and get kicked off the course for language.
1990AG
AG
agsalaska said:

jgh85Ag said:

Happened to me at Colonial.
How the heck did it happen at Colonial?? Those guys are in that little shack next to the curb all the time??
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.