Bought my first Scotty today

4,673 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mr.Bond
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was picking some clubs up from a regripping at golf galaxy and started screwing around on the putting green. Noticed they had a Newport 3 in LH, and wanted to roll a few with it. Planned on just picking my clubs up.... walked out with a new putter. Taking it to impact to get cut down and have weight added Monday morning

Mr.Bond
AG
Newport 3 is sex on a stick, congratulations. It's my gamer. I'll get it back Tuesday after 8 freaking weeks at putter lounge. Cannot wait to see it
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

tandy miller
AG
Thanks! Been drooling over it since they released that model. What are you having done to yours?
Mr.Bond
AG
I'll post pics Tuesday. Did a coating on it with paint fill, stamping, shaft color. Etc
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

tandy miller
AG
Nice. Looking forward to the pics
Post removed:
by user
tandy miller
AG
MY WEDGES ARE FINE DAMMIT

haha I'm good, how are you my dude?
Post removed:
by user
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Agreed, my gamer as well, love it, get the right weights in it and it's buttery smooth
tandy miller
AG
Nice. I reckon the weather will be cooler there than here. Be sure to post pics. I'm working on land now, still in the same line of work though
tandy miller
AG
Did you get the Scotty weights or find some on amazon? I'll likely have to adjust the weight since I'm having it shortened a bit. Would rather change weights than go the tungsten down the shaft route
Arthur Stilwell
third coast.. said:

Headed to Switzerland soon gonna make my wife play around with me. Other than that at just super busy woith kids and life. You still working at the same place?
FIFY
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Buy some Scotty weights. Buddy of mine cut his shaft down to 32 with a fatter bigger grip and dropped some 40's in it to balance everything out. Mine is 34 with the stock grip so mine are just 20's.
Personal preference on the grip but I love the pistolero grip.
tandy miller
AG
That's what I'm looking to cut mine down to. I didn't see the 40g weights on the Scotty site? Where do you get them? And my 34 came with 15s
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
He bought them on amazon, you can buy the removal tool on Scotty Cameron but I think they only sell up to 30's on their website. Might be worth a call to Their customer service to see if they have 40's
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
if your in Houston it might be worth a trip to club champion to get fitted with weights length and grip if you aren't quite sure
tandy miller
AG
I stopped in club champion today bc I was right by there. I typically use impact though. I think I'm going to drop off my Scotty and my old gamer and tell them to get the Scotty to the same weight/length as my old one
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Smart, upgrade with familiar specs.
_lefraud_
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I'll post pics Tuesday. Did a coating on it with paint fill, stamping, shaft color. Etc
You finally getting some neon added?!

Oyster DuPree
AG
Looks like they put the head on backwards, you'll probably want to ask them to fix that
stick93
AG
Might wanna get your mower blades tuned up as well.
Mr.Bond
AG
Die in a fire

jj9000
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Die in a fire

Well...this isn't very Christian of you.

Bold though.
Mr.Bond
AG
You can slide down a razor blade into a pool of alcohol

aggiegold
AG
Nice putter! Just got my Newport 2.5 back from the Scotty Custom shop, had the colors changed in it and name stamped in it!
tandy miller
AG
stick93 said:

Might wanna get your mower blades tuned up as well.
Mr.Bond
AG
Got it in the mail today. I'm honestly extremely disappointed. Absolutely amateur job on the paint fill. Already emailed them with the complaint. Given their work on their website I'm shocked they sent this out to me

Post removed:
by user
Mr.Bond
AG
I'll have to upload the pictures. Currently on the road but will try in a bit.

Mr.Bond
AG
What's best site to upload pics? Photo bucket was my goto and now it's trash

Post removed:
by user
Mr.Bond
AG

I'm well aware the issues may not show up well in the pictures but to the human eye its pretty bad. The bomber dots on the back are incredibly inconsistent. The white is full of what looks like a blue tint and fuzzy material. The paint fill on the stamping is really bad.

This is what I sent.

Good afternoon,
I just received my putter back from you guys today. Just to get to the point, I am not happy at all with the overall paint fill. I've done paint fills for years on my own personal clubs as well as for friends. With all due respect, the product I received looked to be done by someone just starting out or a complete rush job. Given that you guys had the putter for 7 and a half weeks I'd like to think there's no chance its the latter of the two. I came to you guys because you had capabilities that I didn't and your work on your website looked elite. Given your high reputation, I can't imagine this would be work you would be proud to display on your website. I honestly have no desire to be without my club for another 2 months, but this in no way reflects a $200+ job and needs to be made right. If discussing over the phone is better I can be reached anytime at __________

powerbelly
AG
That looks like *****
Quinn
AG
Wow that's terrible
Mr.Bond
AG
Thanks for confirming my thoughts guys

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.