Travelers championship

1,182 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by _lefraud_
Yesterday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So other than Bubba Watson back dooring a win, JB Holmes misses a 3 foot putt on 18 for sole second and an extra $299k dollars. Ouch.
aggiebrother33
Shooting 63 isn't exactly backing into a win.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Casey threw up all over himself. Guy has tons of talent but isn't a closer. Should have way more than 2 wins.
aggiebrother33
98Ag99Grad said:

Casey threw up all over himself. Guy has tons of talent but isn't a closer. Should have way more than 2 wins.

He only has 2 wins?!
98Ag99Grad
AG
On PGA Tour. Has like 13 or so on Euro tour. But he's played the majority of his golf last 10 years or so over here.
Yesterday
AG
aggiebrother33 said:

Shooting 63 isn't exactly backing into a win.

Well tar and feather me.
_lefraud_
AG
I'd say there is a difference between "backing your way into a victory" and I getting a "backdoor" victory/top 10 or whatever.

Backing your way suggest someone ahead slipped and/or completely choked. Think Cink in '09 open or Lawrie in '99

Backdoor win/top 10 suggest you went about it quietly. Kuchar is the king of the backdoor top 10, as he seems to finish there without really being heard of all weekend.

Bubba didn't really do either, but I'd say it was more of a "backdoor" (although a 63 isn't quiet) rather than backing his way into victory.
Yesterday
AG
_lefraud_ said:

I'd say there is a difference between "backing your way into a victory" and I getting a "backdoor" victory/top 10 or whatever.

Backing your way suggest someone ahead slipped and/or completely choked. Think Cink in '09 open or Lawrie in '99

Backdoor win/top 10 suggest you went about it quietly. Kuchar is the king of the backdoor top 10, as he seems to finish there without really being heard of all weekend.

Bubba didn't really do either, but I'd say it was more of a "backdoor" (although a 63 isn't quiet) rather than backing his way into victory.

So don't tar and feather me? Either way my point was JB's putt and how much was riding on it.
birdman
I'm glad Holmes missed the putt and cost himself $300k. His slow play is truly awful, even by the low standards of PGA players.
_lefraud_
AG
Haha yea. I'd like to see a texager take a stab at say, a $1000 putt from 15ft feet. Maybe the next Texags meet up, everyone pitch in $20 at a chance (drawing) to make the putt and take the pot...would be fun to see.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.